2020 Presidential Candidates

03 May 2019 17:59 #71 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic 2020 Presidential Candidates

parkcobound wrote: you're entitled to your opinion certainly. I don't agree that the economy has turned around for everyone, I also cannot overlook the hatred coming out of the whitehouse. That kind of rhetoric is contagious. We have enough evil in this world already.

How exactly could the government force the economy to turn around for everyone other than taking from one and giving to another? That may work in the very short run but the people being taken from will not play that game for very long and we'll see the unemployment rate shoot back up along with a nice recession. Everyone should have the opportunity to succeed but the never guarantees success.

As for hatred, Obama had plenty of that for middle America, he just said it a bit more tactfully.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 May 2019 18:49 #72 by parkcobound
I don't expect the economy to just be turned around, that takes time and serious work by all, but I'm not the one saying we should overlook his shortcoming, ie his manner of speaking, because he's done so much for the economy. The eco,omg issues are largely due to congress and their inability to fix pretty much anything. Even if he did manage to make the economy great for everyone I would still maintain that his name calling and so forth are nasty and hurtful, and do nothing to better the nation. I try every day to be a better person, it does not always work, and I have been known to shoot my mouth off. But, you never solve problems by belittling people around you, and the current state of our government will only continue to be divided if we don't all do our best to find common ground, show each other some common courtesy and try to work together to solve problems.

04 May 2019 07:37 #73 by FredHayek
Back on topic. Senator Michael Bennet from Colorado has now joined the race. 21 Democrats currently running. And next week, New York Mayor Bill DeBlasio is also expected to throw his hat in the ring.
Bennet does not appear to have a chance in this election, just another old, white guy. Biden already has that slot nailed down. DeBlasio is more interesting, very much a hard core lefty. But once again, that is covered by Bernie.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

04 May 2019 07:44 #74 by parkcobound
DiBlassio is certainly qualified but yes he's getting up there. I hadn't paid too much attention to Bennett until his recent speech . I need to do some background search on him. Again yes he is older, and we may just be looking at older candidates. Many of the younger candidates are very inexperienced and short sighted. The DNC. Meds to get itself organized. I think

06 May 2019 15:00 #75 by Pony Soldier
Deblasio?? Really???

Attachments:

07 May 2019 08:08 #76 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: Back on topic. Senator Michael Bennet from Colorado has now joined the race. 21 Democrats currently running. And next week, New York Mayor Bill DeBlasio is also expected to throw his hat in the ring.
Bennet does not appear to have a chance in this election, just another old, white guy. Biden already has that slot nailed down. DeBlasio is more interesting, very much a hard core lefty. But once again, that is covered by Bernie.

It appears Biden has the advantage, BUT it would not surprise me of a ''DARK HORSE" darted into first place at the last minute. The political arena is "ripe'' for that possibility. jmo

07 May 2019 11:30 #77 by Rick

towermonkey wrote: Deblasio?? Really???

HAHAHAHA every time I think the Democrats have gotten the most insane leftist possible, someone else comes along to top the last one. Maybe Soros will enter the race next, or maybe Louis Farakan... he checks all the right boxes. This is really getting to be entertaining to watch.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pony Soldier

07 May 2019 17:25 #78 by Pony Soldier
Maybe they can print the primary ballots on a poster board....

08 May 2019 08:36 #79 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Back on topic. Senator Michael Bennet from Colorado has now joined the race. 21 Democrats currently running. And next week, New York Mayor Bill DeBlasio is also expected to throw his hat in the ring.

It appears Biden has the advantage, BUT it would not surprise me of a ''DARK HORSE" darted into first place at the last minute. The political arena is "ripe'' for that possibility. jmo

As a political junkie, I would be very bored if Biden wins this primary in May, 2019. Have to think Sanders team and others are trying to find more skeletons in Joe's closet. The latest? Crooked overseas dealings his son is involved in. And if you are bending the rules for your son, does it mean you also have your hand in the till?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 May 2019 09:49 - 08 May 2019 09:51 #80 by Rick
It's just hilarious to me that Biden is leading by so much, so far. I suppose it's only because he was Obama's VP because he hasn't really done much of anything in the nearly 40 years of being in government. He's old and white and male... good luck getting the rest of the crazies to get excited about voting for him.

I think this China corruption is going to be brought up by his opponents soon... more great laughs yet to come!

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.611 seconds