Biden: The Biggest Threat is White Supremacy

07 Jun 2021 13:51 #21 by Rick

ramage wrote: SC,
I looked at your posting, 6/3/21,( is this the post that your are referring to?) I saw no mention of white supremacy being the greatest threat. Please point out what I missed.

I ha d the same issue, so clarification in her own words would be very helpful.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Jun 2021 14:27 #22 by koobookie

Rick wrote:

koobookie wrote: Then you're not looking hard enough. The link and document I posted, as well as ScienceChic's post, provided some answers for you. The data is out there if you want to look for it and/or read it.

You're doing the same thing HA likes to do, you post a link and don't summarize it in your own words. I'm sorry, but I don't think you understand what I'm asking for here. Just give me a little something that YOU know from YOUR research and we can debate that. It just seems to me like you want to take the easy way by making me search. You posted a like to a global terrorism data base... where in that does it have evidence of white supremacy being a significant threat?

YOU asked for data. I supplied data. You did not ask for a summary. You did not ask for an opinion. You asked for data.

07 Jun 2021 16:13 #23 by ramage
I have looked harder, still see no mention that white supremacy is our greatest threat. Your citations do not support this concept.
It is SC's citation(s) and the concept is not there. I cannot prove a negative. Show me where I am wrong , it will enlighten me.

07 Jun 2021 16:28 #24 by koobookie

Among domestic extremist movements active in the United States, white supremacists are by far the most violent, committing about 83% of the extremist-related murders in the United States in the past 10 years and being involved in about 52% of the shootouts between extremists and police. White supremacists also regularly engage in a variety of terrorist plots, acts and conspiracies. However, white supremacists also have a high degree of involvement with traditional forms of criminal activity as well as ideologically-based criminal activity. Most of the murders committed by white supremacists are done for non-ideological reasons. However, even if such murders are ignored, white supremacists still commit the most lethal violence of any domestic extremist movement in the United States.

www.adl.org/education/resources/reports/...e-of-white-supremacy

07 Jun 2021 16:33 #25 by Blazer Bob
I remember the white supremacists that attacked and humiliated Jessie
Smollett and the white supremist that commited that horrible face crime.

I could go on and on but the point is that the left need republicans to be white supremacists and since we are not they make it up.

07 Jun 2021 16:39 #26 by koobookie
Read the ADL report I posted.

07 Jun 2021 18:29 #27 by Rick

koobookie wrote: Read the ADL report I posted.

I just tried again to find anything in there that proves white supremacy is the biggest threat. I really don't think you read your own link... just throw us a bone and cut paste one paragraph, PLEASE.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

08 Jun 2021 07:06 #28 by koobookie
Are you specifically looking for the phrase "biggest threat?" It's not in that document, but that is a very narrow focus for you to hang your hat. I suspect that you are zeroing in on that phrase so you can say of Biden - "gotcha."

The ADL document does outline that white supremacy is a very grave threat and should not be ignored.

These three recent major attacks by white supremacists on three different types of religious institutions—the softest of soft targets, dedicated to peace and understanding—illustrate the grave threat posed by white supremacists in the United States. As it happens, these attacks are just a few of numerous white supremacist-related murders in the United States in recent years, not to mention countless acts of lesser violence.

In the wake of such violence, it is worth examining the state of white supremacy in the United States today—to understand its beliefs and core concepts, its current status, its organization, and its most common activities, including violent and criminal acts. One must understand a threat to successfully combat it.

Since 2009, the extreme right in the United States has experienced a dramatic resurgence, a revival that has brought in many new recruits and created an increase in right-wing violence, especially major plots, acts, and conspiracies. Indeed, in recent years, the number of such violent acts and plots has almost matched that of the era of the Oklahoma City bombing, twenty years ago.

I hope you're not saying that white supremacy is not a threat to our country.

08 Jun 2021 07:23 #29 by koobookie
From September 2020, during the Trump administration -

www.cnn.com/2020/09/08/politics/white-su...ssessment/index.html

White supremacists will remain the most "persistent and lethal threat" in the United States through 2021, according to Department of Homeland Security draft documents.
The most recent draft report predicts an "elevated threat environment at least through" early next year, concluding that some US-based violent extremists have capitalized on increased social and political tensions in 2020.

www.foxnews.com/us/homeland-white-supremacy-lethal-threat

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security considers White supremacists and other “domestic violent extremists” as presenting “the most persistent and lethal threat” to the nation, the agency revealed in a report on Tuesday.

The DHS’s “Homeland Threat Assessment” found that White supremacy extremism accounted for more fatal attacks in the U.S. than any other domestic violent extremist group since 2018, with eight of the 16 violent reported from 2018 through 2019. It also caused the majority of related deaths, with 39 of the 48, the report states.

“I am concerned about any form of violent extremism. That is why we design our programs to be threat agnostic – ensuring that we can combat a broad range of domestic threats,” wrote Acting Secretary of Homeland Security Chad F. Wolf in the report. “However, I am particularly concerned about white supremacist violent extremists who have been exceptionally lethal in their abhorrent, targeted attacks in recent years.”

From the Trump administration Department of Homeland Security report, issued last fall:

Among DVEs, racially and ethnically motivated violent extremists—specifically white supremacist extremists (WSEs)—will remain the most persistent and lethal threat in the Homeland. Spikes in other DVE threats probably will depend on political or social issues that often mobilize other ideological actors to violence, such as immigration, environmental, and police-related policy issues.

Here is the link to the Trump DHS report so you can read it :
www.dhs.gov/publication/2020-homeland-threat-assessment

08 Jun 2021 07:26 #30 by FredHayek
I hear the claims that White Supremacists are the greatest threat but what do I see? BLM and ANTIFA rioting, nearly every night in places like Portland.

The claims aren't backed up with actual crimes.

Just like CNN saying the other day that January 6th was the biggest act of political violence in one hundred years. I am sure that MLK and the Kennedy's would disagree with that. Or how about a Bernie supporter targeting a group of GOP politicians at a softball practice?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds