PLAN B.....blantant illusion

06 Mar 2022 14:18 #11 by FredHayek
Mike Littwin is an opinion columnist, not a reporter. He isn't any more qualified to speak on this than you or I. I already caught a mistake. He thinks domestic drilling and pipelines won't help the US. Incorrect! Strategic materials that are supplied domestically, especially energy, do protect you from buying from despots like Putin.

Stop trusting the opinion of old hippies who dropped way too much LSD.

Example? Before WWII, the Germans wanted to buy helium from the US, a major supplier of the gas. FDR refused to sell it to the Nazi's. They had to use dangerous hydrogen instead.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Mar 2022 14:25 - 06 Mar 2022 14:28 #12 by homeagain
The Saudi's r STILL a factor...always have been.....We r neck deep into their contributions.. I listen to a varied number of sources,some main stream,others on the fringes....singular sourcing is so not cool.

06 Mar 2022 16:07 #13 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic PLAN B.....blantant illusion
Should we produce more of our own oil that we know is more environmentally friendly of should we continue importing more from our enemies? Yes or no

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

06 Mar 2022 16:43 #14 by homeagain

Rick wrote: Should we produce more of our own oil that we know is more environmentally friendly of should we continue importing more from our enemies? Yes or no

U TRUST the oil companies? "we know is more environmentally safe".......JMO, oil companies here and abroad r interested in one singular thing.more profit,less restrictions....I will not eat SEAFOOD,the oceans r a sewer, the gulf has NOT recovered from the DEEP WATER HORIZON SPILL,VALDEZ EXON spill ,dig 1 foot down or less ,u strike oil.....yes, there is recovery,but t is SLOW and will take more time. Some species have
recovered in Alaska,some r marginal and need more time...shell fish for instance.

06 Mar 2022 19:13 #15 by FredHayek
Why can't we drill, use renewable sources, and build more next generation nuclear power plants? Bill Gates is building one in Wyoming right now that I hope is super successful.

06 Mar 2022 21:43 #16 by Rick
I’ve tried 3 different times, asking the same simple yes or no question with no answer. When this happens, you actually do answer indirectly.

I know you have common sense HA because you understand the truth that cancel culture is very bad and so is defunding police. I also believe you know what’s going to happen to our country if fuel gets scarce and prices go through the roof… you must remember the Carter years.

Therefore, I think you know the smartest thing we could do would be to become energy independent, again, and stop depending on our enemies to ship it to us. You know Russia and Iran don’t have cleaner extraction than we do. You can’t admit the Biden administration is wrong because the would prove that Trump was right. If you had a way to explain how buying the oil from our enemies was smart, you would have already done so.

Any finally, you can’t logically explain how we can do without the oil in question. Like Musk said, we can’t make up our energy needs fast enough with green energy (which isn’t all that green anyway), so there can only be one correct answer, and the answer is YES, we must get more of our own oil and gas until a better alternative can replace it.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

07 Mar 2022 08:10 #17 by FredHayek
Anti-Putin people want Elon Musk to turn off all the Tesla automobiles in Russia. Makes me glad that I still have an old 2011 truck without a remote kill switch on it.

07 Mar 2022 10:54 #18 by homeagain

Rick wrote: I’ve tried 3 different times, asking the same simple yes or no question with no answer. When this happens, you actually do answer indirectly.

I know you have common sense HA because you understand the truth that cancel culture is very bad and so is defunding police. I also believe you know what’s going to happen to our country if fuel gets scarce and prices go through the roof… you must remember the Carter years.

Therefore, I think you know the smartest thing we could do would be to become energy independent, again, and stop depending on our enemies to ship it to us. You know Russia and Iran don’t have cleaner extraction than we do. You can’t admit the Biden administration is wrong because the would prove that Trump was right. If you had a way to explain how buying the oil from our enemies was smart, you would have already done so.

Any finally, you can’t logically explain how we can do without the oil in question. Like Musk said, we can’t make up our energy needs fast enough with green energy (which isn’t all that green anyway), so there can only be one correct answer, and the answer is YES, we must get more of our own oil and gas until a better alternative can replace it.

The larger question,which U(collectively) have no answer for is.......HOW TO DO THAT IN A ECOLOGICAL SOUND WAY.......there r solutions,they will take a HUGE amount of $$$$ and intense
effort. The easy way out is what y0u (collectively) will opt for....and in the process,DESTROY GAIA .

www.wilderness.org/articles/blog/7-ways-...cEAAYAyAAEgJfh_D_BwE

07 Mar 2022 11:17 #19 by FredHayek
Watch. The world population is about to enter into a death spiral. Humans are getting older and not having enough children. So as the population declines and energy use keeps getting more efficient. It might be that instead of Climate Accords that nations never follow through on, the population decline and technology repairs the Earth's pollution problems.

07 Mar 2022 15:24 - 07 Mar 2022 15:25 #20 by Rick

homeagain wrote:

The larger question,which U(collectively) have no answer for is.......HOW TO DO THAT IN A ECOLOGICAL SOUND WAY.......there r solutions,they will take a HUGE amount of $$$$ and intense
effort. The easy way out is what y0u (collectively) will opt for....and in the process,DESTROY GAIA .

www.wilderness.org/articles/blog/7-ways-...cEAAYAyAAEgJfh_D_BwE

You still refuse to answer my question so I'll answer your deflection. The answer is that there is NO WAY POSSIBLE to produce any energy of any kind without some kind of consequences that climate alarmists think is bad. Just the fact that humans are living, breathing, and passing gas is detrimental to the planet if you use the new green metrics.

You fail to understand Maslow's hierarchy of needs, which at the base includes food and shelter. People need to live and they won't live very long if they can't provide for themselves and their families. If you understand economics at a 9th grade level, you know that oil and gas still runs the world and is 100% necessary for our survival.

If your standard is 100% clean extraction and 100% clean consumption, then you are living in a fantasy world which will never exist unless a new source of energy is discovered and developed.

To prove me wrong, please list the sources of energy that can replace fossil fuels right now that don't harm the environment in any step of the process AND is affordable and accessible to the majority of humans. This should be interesting if you're willing to finally answer a direct question with a direct answer.

The answer to your question is that there is no clean energy. You say there are solutions that will take a lot money and "intense effort"... yes, I agree. But just making that statement doesn't make the current reality change. Our country is broke and our people will soon be struggling. People who struggle just want to live and don't give two shits about future magic energy that GAIA approves of.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds