PLAN B.....blantant illusion

11 Apr 2022 08:01 #41 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic PLAN B.....blantant illusion
Elon Musk has turned down the offer of a seat on the Board of Directors of Twitter. He also filed an amended form 13-D, by doing this he is indicating that he will continue to be an active investor. Simply put, he can pursue a larger share of its stock.
I wonder why?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Apr 2022 08:47 #42 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic PLAN B.....blantant illusion
I do love the screams from the a section of the left who once thought he was the second coming.

The fact is, there are a significant number of people who vote Democrat that are ok with and even encourage the cancelling of voices they don't believe in. They are ok with some news stories being banned by big tech, while others are lifted p and spread wildly, just as long as narratives are protected.

Elon Musk is one of the few people I can think of who is actually doing a good service for the people, unlike our current administration that has used it's own disinformation for deception and control of the people. Hopefully Musk will stay committed to making these platforms open to free speech as was originally intended.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

11 Apr 2022 09:17 #43 by homeagain
www.forbes.com/sites/abrambrown/2022/04/...ter/?sh=49af3d9174be

AHEM........could it be a hostile take over??? That would be Musk's M.O.........:whistle:

11 Apr 2022 11:51 #44 by Rick

homeagain wrote: www.forbes.com/sites/abrambrown/2022/04/...ter/?sh=49af3d9174be

AHEM........could it be a hostile take over??? That would be Musk's M.O.........:whistle:

If taking over a company that actively influences elections is considered a 'hostile takeover", hell yes, burn that trash down and rebuild it to be an American company that fights for free speech and doesn't put it's finger on the election scales.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

11 Apr 2022 12:08 #45 by Blazer Bob
twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/04/09/hot-ta...cracks-up-elon-musk/

Hot take in the Bezos-owned WaPo about need to prevent rich people from controlling media cracks up Elon Musk

11 Apr 2022 12:46 #46 by Rick
LOL, yeah, that's truly hilarious!

George Orwell

11 Apr 2022 14:20 #47 by FredHayek
I would love for Elon Musk to buy up Twitter and make it more equitable.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

13 Apr 2022 07:10 #48 by Rick
I have a question for those of you who can't stand Trump. When Twitter banned him from the platform, did that make you happy? I understand if it did because there's a few people I would love to see muzzled because I think they are ignorant and their ideas are dangerous. However, if you asked me if I would trade that wish for the cancelling of voices I don't hate, I would say absolutely not.

Would you like to see Trump banned from Twitter permanently and would you be mad if he was allowed back on? (yes, I understand it's a private company)

George Orwell

13 Apr 2022 12:47 #49 by homeagain
JMO.....u should ask SC,since SHE is in the thick of this trajectory......how does she set boundaries,create a
set of expectations and secure the site,so it is NOT overrun by hatred,lies and hard core extremism?

MY take.....permanent banning is reserved for posters like VL....inciting radical and raw methods of dehumanizing posters. FREE SPEECH comes with a heavy responsibility to KNOW that words r things.
and those "things" r real.

13 Apr 2022 17:03 #50 by Rick
Sorry I couldn't figure out your answer... would you like to see Trump banned from Twitter permanently? If so, why?

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds