PLAN B.....blantant illusion

05 Mar 2022 18:32 #1 by Rick
I've been saying this for years on this board. You can't force energy that is still unaffordable, unreliable, and untouchable for the average American.

“Hate to say it, but we need to increase oil & gas output immediately. Extraordinary times demand extraordinary measures,” Musk tweeted. “Obviously, this would negatively affect Tesla, but sustainable energy solutions simply cannot react instantaneously to make up for Russian oil & gas exports.

But will our half functional president and his handlers listen? Don't bet on it.

www.dailywire.com/news/elon-musk-pushes-...traordinary-measures

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Mar 2022 07:19 #2 by FredHayek
50% of oil goes into goods like fertilizer and plastics. Even electric cars use plastic. And farmers need petrochemicals. Listen to Elon. Fertilizer prices are going up. Will farmers plant fewer acres?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

06 Mar 2022 07:20 #3 by homeagain
here IS WHAT IS COUNTER INTUITIVE ....we r throwing trillions of dollars (Musk,Branson Bezo) into SPACE exploration to find NEW habitat .....WHY is mother earth being cast aside and neglected,when that
tremendous amount of money could rehabilitate,renew,SAVE our present planet called home?????

06 Mar 2022 07:26 #4 by FredHayek
We have been throwing trillions at the space program for years but few people complained when it was taxpayer money. But if private citizens do it, it is a bad idea?

These people are wrong. Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos are so much cheaper and do a better job getting satellites into space than NASA which had been reduced to using Russian rockets which are not currently being sold to the US. Private industry makes space travel cheaper and more efficient.

06 Mar 2022 07:40 #5 by homeagain
The source of the money is not the problem, the CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER is. which keys into your comment about the disaster awaiting ALL, because of Russia/Ukraine ability to impact the GLOBAL ECONOMY in a severe way. (we r not even taking into consideration the PRESENT ecological emer.)

06 Mar 2022 10:02 #6 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic PLAN B.....blantant illusion
I'd like to remind everyone that this thread is about fossil fuels and green energy... the correct and sustainable balance that seems to be lost in the minds of our current leaders. This is not about billionaires spending their money on space exploration. If someone would like to start a thread about billionaire space exploration, I'd love to participate.

Now, is Elon Musk right or should our government continue to force energy most Americans can not yet afford?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

06 Mar 2022 10:20 #7 by homeagain
The REAL ISSUE IS HUMANKIND'S PRIORITIES ......u (collectively) bite the bullet (we r already screwed
twelve ways to Sunday)......u think it will get better?....it hasn't yet, and the NOW clear and present danger
has just upped the ante and THAT ,my friend, is a concrete reminder that things WILL change....the only choice now is how we handle the change.....short term solution or long term look ahead.....it's poker.....hold em or fold em?

06 Mar 2022 10:44 #8 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic PLAN B.....blantant illusion
I have no Idea what your point is. Should we be extracting our own oil and gas which we need to live of should we rely on our enemies to supply it to us?

This is a very simple question and the actual topic of the thread. Are you willing to answer that or are we doing the usual circles that go nowhere? I know it's hard for some to admit, but we will all perish without enough reliable and affordable energy, PERIOD.

George Orwell

06 Mar 2022 11:51 #9 by FredHayek
American oil and gas extraction is better for the environment due to EPA regulation, less greenhouse gases escape. Not so with the dirty oil and gas Iran and Venezuela sell.
The best thing for the world is the US buying cleaner domestic fuels.

06 Mar 2022 12:08 #10 by homeagain

Rick wrote: I have no Idea what your point is. Should we be extracting our own oil and gas which we need to live of should we rely on our enemies to supply it to us?

This is a very simple question and the actual topic of the thread. Are you willing to answer that or are we doing the usual circles that go nowhere? I know it's hard for some to admit, but we will all perish without enough reliable and affordable energy, PERIOD.

coloradosun.com/2022/03/06/littwin-ukrai...49&mc_eid=b09adbf5e7

PERISH? AFFORDABLE ENERGY?......the narrow focus of factors is laughable. Putin has the power of
retaining TWO NUCLEAR SITES, the micro mention of a inconvenient issue is stunning. Read the
article the Saudi's have been in the mix for a very long time....the issue is minor compared to Putin's
power play for world dominance.

x out of pop up if it appears on screen

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds