PLAN B.....blantant illusion

19 Apr 2022 11:48 #91 by homeagain
VERY nice to have your input,SC!....miss it. Alto I know u r a super busy person,come around once in awhile.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Apr 2022 14:56 #92 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic PLAN B.....blantant illusion

ScienceChic wrote: Good grief. Did you not read everything I wrote? I stated right in that post that Twitter hasn't operated fairly or equally Rick. Bob, it's not as simple as eliminating the algorithm, and if you think it is, please tell me what you think the algorithm is, what it does and how eliminating it will fix the problem.

FH, you nailed it. It really is not a reflection of society at large, and yet so many who are on the platform seem to think otherwise, and then there are those who try to use it as an example of how everyone in some group/political party/etc thinks or feels, or believes. It's just not.

I haven't brought Trump up in forever, I've moved on. While he's a sleaze who probably broke the law, I highly doubt he'll ever be prosecuted. He's become irrelevant enough in the GOP that he's no longer a serious force and he'll just keep on bleating and grifting to his base. I could care less if Musk actually goes through with the purchase of Twitter or not (I think it's a publicity stunt or his whim of the week til he moves onto threatening the next public figure) and his character is obvious for anyone paying attention to everything he says and does publicly, not just the one thing they are cheering him on for.

And if you think that censorship or cancel culture is one-sided, you are deluding yourself. Stop doing the enemy's bidding to further divide us by focusing on victimization and social issues that aren't the real problem. That statement goes for both sides.

I 100% agree that the story about Hunter's laptop should have been dug into more deeply by the media when it first came up. It's fortunate that the FBI and DOJ (whom some here have called corrupt without evidence) has continued to investigate the issue for the past 4 years and I look forward to the results of that investigations. It is suspicious that the Bidens haven't disavowed the story, or troublesome appearance of corruption.

I apologize for missing that one sentence where you suggested that Twitter was not being consistent in enforcing their TOS. What you didn't mention was that the inconsistencies always silence the voices of one side, the right side. As for the algorithm issue, it's a lot like what you get doing a Google search. Stories that favor Democrats come up on the first page while stories that may hurt Democrats are conveniently buried in later pages.

The fact that Twitter was banned a sitting president from speaking to the people should have been bad enough, but it also banned covid info that was deemed "misinformation". Much of that supposed bad info was later proven to be correct information. If we are to have real free speech, we need a real uncensored town square where everybody has the right to speak about anything that is controversial, like science.

Your criticism of Musk actually surprised me because I was under the impression that you were a fan before he started talking about the importance of free speech. I believe he isn't doing this for the money or the attention, I believe he understands that we CAN NOT go the way of China and start taking freedoms away little by little until we have forgotten they ever existed. I believe he has good intentions, unlike the current board that is only interested in tilting the scales in one direction.

I'm happy to hear that you think the laptop should have been looked at by the media but the media you trust knew full well that laptop was legit and they buried the story to protect Biden. If you think that is good for our "democracy", I'd just like to know how. Your same media also knew the Steele Dossier was garbage and they knew the FBI used it to get a FISA warrant anyway, but the ends justified the means so it was ok.

Being consistent is easy if you are willing to look at all sides and you don't just follow the pack that is on your political side.

Glad you're back BTW.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

22 Apr 2022 01:27 #93 by Blazer Bob
Since you realize that twitter is not operating fairly, how do you think they do it if not algorithms?

Lots of Evelyn Woods graduates ?

Explain what the algorithm is? That makes me laugh.

22 Apr 2022 07:25 #94 by homeagain
www.foxbusiness.com/politics/twitter-elo...-speech-steve-forbes

Musk has made clear he would be reluctant to delete things and more open to "time-outs" than permanent bans. He acknowledges that there are limitations to free speech and Twitter must obey the law, but if a tweet is in a gray area, he would let it exist. He would also insist that the algorithm Twitter uses to rank content be made public and open to user audits.

22 Apr 2022 09:30 #95 by Rick

homeagain wrote: www.foxbusiness.com/politics/twitter-elo...-speech-steve-forbes

Musk has made clear he would be reluctant to delete things and more open to "time-outs" than permanent bans. He acknowledges that there are limitations to free speech and Twitter must obey the law, but if a tweet is in a gray area, he would let it exist. He would also insist that the algorithm Twitter uses to rank content be made public and open to user audits.

Do you agree or disagree with what you just posted?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

22 Apr 2022 10:03 #96 by homeagain
In this time of turmoil and breath taking lack of accountability, I believe transparency is required. YES,I agree
the info should be available upon request....at the very least.....A statement of business operations would be even better. JMO

22 Apr 2022 18:42 #97 by Rick

homeagain wrote: In this time of turmoil and breath taking lack of accountability, I believe transparency is required. YES,I agree
the info should be available upon request....at the very least.....A statement of business operations would be even better. JMO

OMG AGREEMENT!!

Almost feels like a perfect golf drive that very rarely happens for me.

George Orwell

24 Apr 2022 17:37 #98 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic PLAN B.....blantant illusion
Musk has done it again on two fronts.
1. Twitter met with Musk representatives to discuss his offer, after reconsidering their initial position.

2. On Twitter Bill Gates wanted to meet with Musk to discussed a significant donation to one of his climate change philanthropies.
Musk replied to the effect do you still have your 1/2 billion dollar short position on Tesla stock, Gates replied yes.
"Musk shot back: “Sorry, I cannot take your philanthropy on climate change seriously when you have a massive short position against Tesla, the company doing the most to solve climate change.”
www.cnbc.com/2022/04/23/elon-musk-tweets...-shorting-tesla.html
Attachments:

25 Apr 2022 06:56 #99 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic PLAN B.....blantant illusion
Well, that's quite the turn around:

Twitter Inc (TWTR.N) is poised to agree a sale to Elon Musk for around $43 billion in cash, the price the chief executive of Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) has called his “best and final” offer for the social media company, people familiar with the matter said.

Twitter may announce the $54.20-per-share deal later on Monday once its board has met to recommend the transaction to Twitter shareholders, the sources said. It is always possible that the deal collapses at the last minute, the sources added.

Musk, the world’s richest person according to a tally by Forbes, is negotiating to buy Twitter in a personal capacity and Tesla is not involved in the deal.

Twitter has not been able to secure so far a ‘go-shop’ provision under its agreement with Musk that would allow it to solicit other bids once the deal is signed, the sources said. Still, Twitter would be allowed to accept an offer from another party by paying Musk a break-up fee, the sources added.

Complete with the marijuana joke embedded in the share price…let the meltdown begin!

www.reuters.com/technology/exclusive-twi...-sources-2022-04-25/

This from a comment:
I can't wait to see the heads explode when Donald Trump's Twitter account is restored. I might join Twitter just to hear the lamentation of the liberals.

25 Apr 2022 07:28 #100 by Rick
You can count me in as someone who has never been on Twitter but will be joining if Musk buys it and Trump is allowed back on. I can think of no better entertainment than watching communists losing their sh$t.

The response to the Gates request and that emoji he posted tells me Musk is the perfect guy to make this move at the perfect time... that's hilarious! There's a lot more about Gates that needs to be exposed to the masses who think Gates is a good guy with good intentions.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds