PLAN B.....blantant illusion

25 Apr 2022 21:49 #111 by FredHayek
Wonder if buyer's remorse has already hit Elon Musk? He will now be bitched at 24/7 about how he runs Twitter.

Interesting trivia: The old Twitter boss named Jack is reportedly getting paid 900 million if Twitter goes private. Some kind of stock and stock option payout.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Apr 2022 07:28 #112 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic PLAN B.....blantant illusion
He doesn't have to run twitter, he just has to find a group of people that won't f### it up by making it just another tool for the left wing and government to control narratives and information.

I'm hearing lots of nuts like Joy Reid are going to leave Twitter. I find that as believable as when so many said they'd leave the US if Trump won in 2016... people like her need her racist voice to be heard.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

26 Apr 2022 08:36 #113 by homeagain
www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/04/...o-guy-who-leaked-it/

“I do know that there have been multiple attempts over the past year-and-a-half to insert questionable material into the laptop as in, not physically, but passing off this misinformation or disinformation as coming from the laptop,” he said. “And that is a major concern of mine because I have fought tooth and nail to protect the integrity of this drive and to jeopardize that is going to mean that everything that I sacrificed will be for nothing.”

In other words, Mac Isaac says that he has seen claims about what the laptop contains that don’t actually reflect what he saw on the laptop at the outset. Or, presumably, sees now, as one of the few people that might still have an unlittered copy of its contents.

26 Apr 2022 12:31 #114 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic PLAN B.....blantant illusion
Musk has really shaken up the establishment. Here is what the Brits are proposing
"However, the so-called Conservative Party government has recently expanded its censorious aims to tackle what it deems to be “harmful” content on social media, and is now preparing to pass the so-called Online Harms Bill, which will soon require platforms to pre-emptively censor “legal but harmful” content or face massive fines.

www.breitbart.com/europe/2022/04/26/uk-d...y-censoring-content/

What's not to love about a government that wants to ban legal but harmful content. Guess who makes the decision.

26 Apr 2022 13:21 #115 by homeagain
finance.yahoo.com/video/elon-musk-buying...-best-194151384.html

HOMAS HAYES: Well, I think this is the best thing that's ever happened to Twitter. Twitter had become an abandoned building with graffiti in a bad neighborhood. And what's going to happen now is Elon Musk is coming in to buy this building at distressed prices. He's going to clean off the graffiti. He's going to rehab the building. He's going to make the building bigger and I think generate a lot of value for the users.

I also think you're going to see a lot of major influencers who have been inactive on the platform that have built large followings that start to get active again. And if anyone can kind of persuade them to do that, it would be Elon Musk. He has quite a social network. And I think it's going to be a great thing all around.

(I think being and "outlier" fits Elon exactly.)

26 Apr 2022 19:19 #116 by Rick
This is the most important part IMO...

Twitter locked down its source code to prevent unauthorized changes, sources familiar with the matter told Bloomberg. The reports say that this change was made to prevent employees from “going rogue” and sabotaging the platform after Elon Musk’s $44 billion purchase of the company. Currently, a vice president must approve any changes.

Twitter declined to comment on the matter.

Lets see what's behind the curtain and all the dirty little secrets the commies are afraid will be exposed.

techcrunch.com/2022/04/26/twitter-lock-s...20of%20the%20company .

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

27 Apr 2022 06:47 #117 by homeagain
www.newyorker.com/news/q-and-a/why-elon-...ac0396fdcd61af19b32d

"I think there was this longtime perception that, if you were a high-powered corporate person, you could only get in trouble on Twitter and you should write bland things that are vetted by lawyers. And I think people are recognizing that Elon Musk has created a lot of value for his companies by being unhinged on Twitter. And I think there are imitators, and I think we’re kind of early in the game. There will be more imitators. And that applies to politics. It’s the obvious counterpart, where people have realized that you can make a lot of hay politically by being a poster."

27 Apr 2022 07:07 #118 by Rick

Brussels has warned Elon Musk that Twitter must comply with the EU’s new digital rules under his ownership, or risk hefty fines or even a ban, setting the stage for a global regulatory battle over the future of the social media platform.

Breton said: “We welcome everyone. We are open but on our conditions. At least we know what to tell him: ‘Elon, there are rules. You are welcome but these are our rules. It’s not your rules which will apply here.’”

I hope Musk tells these people where they can stick their rules. It's amazing that so many leftists are suddenly concerned about Twitter's rules and never blinked an eye when conservative people and companies were being banned for lame reasons.

Why not wait to see what he makes of Twitter before deciding that it's going to be some kind of cyber Thunderdome?
www.ft.com/content/22f66209-f5b2-4476-8cdb-de4befffebe5

George Orwell

27 Apr 2022 17:07 #119 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic PLAN B.....blantant illusion
The Dept. of Homeland Security has created a "Disinformation Governance Board". Can anyone say, "Ministry of Information".
Conservatives on Twitter are, as experts say, experiencing a huge number of new followers since Musk had his offer accepted.

Lots of coincidences , no doubt.

27 Apr 2022 18:18 #120 by Rick
Ah yes, the WH has no bigger threat than that of free flowing information that can't be manipulated by the regime.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds