PLAN B.....blantant illusion

25 Apr 2022 07:58 #101 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic PLAN B.....blantant illusion
The comment section of WSJ.COM makes the subscription worthwhile. For example, a comment on their front page article reporting on the apparent deal with Musk

"News Flash! Twitter foils Musk's takeover attempt by adding Hunter Biden to the Board for $60,000 a month."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Apr 2022 08:15 #102 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic PLAN B.....blantant illusion
LOL!!

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

25 Apr 2022 12:37 #103 by homeagain
www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/0...I1L3R3aXR0ZXItZWxvbi

The company’s board of directors met with Musk on Sunday, and negotiations extended into the early hours of Monday, according to a person familiar with the negotiations, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the discussions. The two sides were focused on determining whether Musk had the financing to complete the acquisition, and did not spend much time discussing Musks’s strategy for the future of the social network, the person said.

The deal, expected to be announced by the market’s close on Monday, raises thorny questions about how the outspoken billionaire could put his stamp on a platform widely used by celebrities, politicians, activists and state leaders alike

25 Apr 2022 12:53 #104 by Rick
I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Musk hands walking papers to the censorship board. Buh bye!!

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

25 Apr 2022 13:09 #105 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic PLAN B.....blantant illusion
It is a done deal. Trading has halted in TWTR.
Musk is the new owner, An African-American no less.

25 Apr 2022 13:45 #106 by homeagain

25 Apr 2022 14:01 #107 by ScienceChic

Rick wrote: I apologize for missing that one sentence where you suggested that Twitter was not being consistent in enforcing their TOS. What you didn't mention was that the inconsistencies always silence the voices of one side, the right side. As for the algorithm issue, it's a lot like what you get doing a Google search. Stories that favor Democrats come up on the first page while stories that may hurt Democrats are conveniently buried in later pages.

Proof?

Rick wrote: Your criticism of Musk actually surprised me because I was under the impression that you were a fan before he started talking about the importance of free speech. I believe he isn't doing this for the money or the attention, I believe he understands that we CAN NOT go the way of China and start taking freedoms away little by little until we have forgotten they ever existed. I believe he has good intentions, unlike the current board that is only interested in tilting the scales in one direction.

I'm a fan of Tesla, not Musk, and I defended the company because they made an American-built product that was helping reduce carbon emissions, employing Americans in factories on our soil, after paying back their government loans in full and before due. Remember those who used to denounce Tesla for "sucking on the government teat"? It's amusing that it's now the same crew cheering Musk on simply because he's doing something they agree with.

Rick wrote: I'm happy to hear that you think the laptop should have been looked at by the media but the media you trust knew full well that laptop was legit and they buried the story to protect Biden. If you think that is good for our "democracy", I'd just like to know how. Your same media also knew the Steele Dossier was garbage and they knew the FBI used it to get a FISA warrant anyway, but the ends justified the means so it was ok.

Being consistent is easy if you are willing to look at all sides and you don't just follow the pack that is on your political side.

Glad you're back BTW.

Pray tell, please do tell me who "my media" is.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

25 Apr 2022 14:42 - 25 Apr 2022 14:50 #108 by Blazer Bob
Google Fires Republican Engineer Who Exposed Alleged Bias Against Conservatives - Report

www.westernjournal.com/google-fires-repu...onservatives-report/

Audit suggests Google favors a small number of major outlets

www.cjr.org/tow_center/google-news-algorithm.php

Here's The Evidence That Google's Search Results Are Horribly Biased

www.businessinsider.com/evidence-that-go...-biased-2014-10?op=1

Is Google biased against conservatives? The short answer is not likely.

Based on our data-driven study, we found that 63% of Google’s search results were non-partisan. While 32% of the results came from left-leaning publications versus 5% of results coming from right-leaning websites.

www.gotchseo.com/google-biased/

Edit: Results from first page of duck duck go Search term "proof that google is biased"

Run the same search on Google.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rick

25 Apr 2022 16:31 #109 by FredHayek
Irony: Elon Musk got the money to buy Twitter from Tesla buyers. Plus the environmentalists in Federal and State governments who gave tax breaks to the rich people who bought EV's. :rain1: :whistle: :P

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 Apr 2022 18:47 - 25 Apr 2022 18:50 #110 by Rick
SC, your media is any source that refused to do any kind of investigative reporting on the Hunter Biden laptop. It's any media source that didn't do any extensive stories on the corrupt hierarchy of the FBI that knowingly used a fake document to obtain a FISA warrant to spy on an American citizen. I could make a very long list of important stories that your sources likely ignored but that's not the subject of this thread. If you'd like to start another one of those, I'd gladly play and challenge you story by story.

While it's true that I was not happy about the taxpayers subsidizing upper middle class and wealthy people so they could buy an EV, that doesn't equate to me not liking Musk... he just took advantage of the policy created by the government. If I had any bad feelings toward Musk, it was more about his views on climate change that suggested his cars could save us, which is laughable when you look at the environmental damage caused by all the alternative energy sources and the materials needed for the billions of batteries we would need. He's not the only guy I've disagreed with but later respected because of more important issues, and I see nothing wrong with that since I've had those same feelings about individuals in my life.

Free speech is so much more important to this country than electric vehicles that are mostly powered by fossil fuels, indirectly but that statement is 100% factual.

So please, lets talk about what you think is so bad about what Musk has done with Twitter and maybe we can find a little agreement. Maybe we need to let this play out before you condemn him for having some sort of bad intentions.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds