PLAN B.....blantant illusion

14 Apr 2022 08:18 #61 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic PLAN B.....blantant illusion
I'm not going to watch some stupid video to search for your answer. Your answer is that you want to restrict what Trump is allowed to say and where he's allowed to say it. I look forward to your next non-answer diversions.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Apr 2022 08:19 #62 by Rick
Now I'm not sure what I'd like to see more, Musk buying Twitter or just dumping his stock and crashing the price.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

14 Apr 2022 08:24 #63 by homeagain
[quote="Rick" post=391729]I'm not going to watch some stupid video to search for your answer. Your answer is that you want to restrict what Trump is allowed to say and where he's allowed to say it. I look forward to your next non-answer diversions.[/quote]

MY take.....permanent banning is reserved for posters like VL....inciting radical and raw methods of dehumanizing posters. (per my previous post)..AGAIN, i see comprehension is lacking

14 Apr 2022 08:24 #64 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic PLAN B.....blantant illusion
"....but, since SOME seem to be
confused or unable to read between the lines...."

Is this comment an attempt at humor?

You do realize that Twitter is a private company and has no legal means of enforcing and collecting a fine?, re: "fine the s.o.b."

14 Apr 2022 08:33 - 14 Apr 2022 08:47 #65 by homeagain
:whistle: :whistle: bid was met with mixed reactions from Twitter users Thursday. Fred Wilson, a New York-based venture capitalist, said the platform is “too important” to be owned and controlled by a single person.

“The opposite should be happening,” Wilson tweeted. “Twitter should be decentralized as a protocol that powers an ecosystem of communication products and services.”

I am not a venture capitalist ...BUT, I am in agrement with the above.....

Take the comment,as u wish it, Ramage.:whistle:

14 Apr 2022 10:22 #66 by Rick

homeagain wrote:
MY take.....permanent banning is reserved for posters like VL....inciting radical and raw methods of dehumanizing posters. (per my previous post)..AGAIN, i see comprehension is lacking

Have you ever been on Twitter HA? You do realize Iranian terrorists are allowed to speak there, right? Please list some examples of Trump "inciting radical and raw methods of dehumanizing posters" on Twitter. He was banned because of these two Tweets.

"The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!"

"To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th."

Oh, the HORRR!!

In your own special language, please tell me how these tweets are threatening to anyone. Please be aware that there millions of examples of Tweets from leftists that really do have messages that could incite violence or dehumanizing posters.

If you came to my house and we were having this same conversation, would you force me to watch videos or read between lines if I asked you the same questions or would you just be honest and tell me how you really feel? That's all I'm asking you to do, just be honest and tell me if Trump should be banned from these social media platforms because you don't like what he says.

George Orwell

14 Apr 2022 14:53 - 14 Apr 2022 14:54 #67 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic PLAN B.....blantant illusion
Here is an interesting perspective. I am quoting a small portion and encourage reading the entire article and the accompanying comments.

theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2022/0...private/#more-231743

What Elon Musk appears to be doing is perhaps the biggest story that few understand.

I share this perspective having spent thousands of hours in the past several years deep in the weeds of tech operating systems, communication platforms, and the issue of simultaneous users. What Twitter represents, and what Musk is attempting, is not what most would think.

In the big picture of tech platforms, Twitter, as an operating model, is a massive high-user commenting system.

Twitter is not a platform built around a website; Twitter is a platform for comments and discussion that operates in the sphere of social media. As a consequence, the technology and data processing required to operate the platform does not have an economy of scale.

There is no business model where Twitter is financially viable to operate…. UNLESS the tech architecture under the platform was subsidized.

In my opinion, there is only one technological system and entity that could possibly underwrite the cost of Twitter to operate. That entity is the United States Government, and here’s why.

15 Apr 2022 06:58 - 15 Apr 2022 07:03 #68 by homeagain

Rick wrote: Now I'm not sure what I'd like to see more, Musk buying Twitter or just dumping his stock and crashing the price.

[/b]

WELL NOW.... Your wish might be granted.

www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-is-no-...t-shareholder-2022-4

www.foxbusiness.com/economy/mark-cuban-s...possible-not-to-sell

"His filing w/the SEC allows him to say he wants to take a company private for $54.20. Vs his ‘Am considering taking Tesla private at $420. Funding secured.’ Price go up. His shares get sold. Profit," Cuban tweeted. "SEC like WTF just happened."

Cuban also said he thinks "every major tech company… is on the phone with their anti trust lawyers asking if they can buy Twitter and get it approved."

"And Twitter is on the phone with their lawyers asking which can be their white knight," Cuban tweeted. "Gonna be interesting."

15 Apr 2022 08:26 #69 by Rick
I think Musk is already a couple moves ahead of the leftist monitors of speech and I'm betting on him to take their queen. It will be a glorious day for America if he succeeds (the founders will get some relief from rolling in their graves).

George Orwell
The following user(s) said Thank You: Freezeman

15 Apr 2022 10:35 #70 by FredHayek

Rick wrote: Now I'm not sure what I'd like to see more, Musk buying Twitter or just dumping his stock and crashing the price.

Or Greenmail? Pump up the stock and then make Twitter buy back his shares at the much higher price. I would laugh it that happens.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds