Biden's Border "Victory"

30 Jan 2024 10:07 #21 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic Biden's Border "Victory"

Rick wrote: Perhaps if you laid out the actual Senate "plan", we could discuss whether or not it's a plan to stop illegal crossings, or if it's just a plan to get them checked in faster.

It has not yet been published, Rick, yet Trump - who I am certain has not, nor ever will, read it - has already trashed it. Get the picture?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Jan 2024 10:09 #22 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: How come Presidents Trump and Obama were able to prevent illegal border crossings but not President Biden? Should he resign over his failures? Especially after he assigned the job to VP Harris.

Note the header of your chart - APPREHENSIONS. That means the border crossings have been caught.

Can you answer why Congress has not passed any laws about immigration? They have a part in this, as well.

30 Jan 2024 12:59 #23 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Biden's Border "Victory"
"Can you answer why Congress has not passed any laws about immigration? They have a part in this, as well.
Reading comprehension and retention are areas in which you are lacking. Please note: On Jan 29th, yesterday, I posted that,

the House of Representatives has passed an immigration reform bill but the democrat Senate refuses to bring it to the floor of the Senate. That's how a representative form of government works. Ask Schumer why he refuses to take up the bill.

What more would you like?

30 Jan 2024 13:14 #24 by koobookie
A bipartisan group of Senate negotiators have been working to hammer out an immigration measure, but Trump stepped in to stop the deal. Why can't the two houses work together to write laws dealing with immigration?

Answer: Trump

30 Jan 2024 16:36 #25 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Biden's Border "Victory"
LOL. All roads used to lead to Rome. Now they all lead to Trump.

31 Jan 2024 06:11 #26 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Biden's Border "Victory"

koobookie wrote: A bipartisan group of Senate negotiators have been working to hammer out an immigration measure, but Trump stepped in to stop the deal. Why can't the two houses work together to write laws dealing with immigration?

Could you point me to the source that has factual confirmation that "Trump stepped in" ? Trump has no authority, he only has an opinion.... he can't step in to do anything. This is what your media is telling you because as Bod said, it's always about Trump when all you can think about is Trump.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

31 Jan 2024 08:41 #27 by koobookie

Rick wrote:

koobookie wrote: A bipartisan group of Senate negotiators have been working to hammer out an immigration measure, but Trump stepped in to stop the deal. Why can't the two houses work together to write laws dealing with immigration?

Could you point me to the source that has factual confirmation that "Trump stepped in" ? Trump has no authority, he only has an opinion.... he can't step in to do anything. This is what your media is telling you because as Bod said, it's always about Trump when all you can think about is Trump.

Golly gee whiz, Rick, the story of Trump telling Congressional Republicans to tank the immigration bill is all over the lame stream media. I'm sure you can google search and find it.

31 Jan 2024 13:36 #28 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Biden's Border "Victory"
:romeo: Democrat talking points are out I see. "Republicans refuse to support Biden's border bill"

Then you find out the border bill hasn't even been finalized. SMH.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

31 Jan 2024 14:27 #29 by FredHayek

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

31 Jan 2024 14:38 #30 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: :romeo: Democrat talking points are out I see. "Republicans refuse to support Biden's border bill"

Then you find out the border bill hasn't even been finalized. SMH.

Then how do the Republicans know to oppose it? Honestly, Fred, Geez.

It's as plain as the nose on your face. The Republicans don't want to solve the border problem, since it gives Trump something to campaign on.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds