Biden's Border "Victory"

23 Jan 2024 09:46 #1 by Rick
The SC voted to allow Biden to have control over everything having to do with border security. So, the razor wire is coming down so illegal crossers can come through easier. I see this as a good thing, as long as we get a Republican in the president's chair.

The SC set the precedent by giving the executive the power. So if Trump gets elected, he can build the wall and congress can't do a damn thing about it.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Jan 2024 09:59 #2 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic Biden's Border "Victory"
If I understand the situation correctly, the current law gives the federal government authority over border security. This is very well established.

The Supreme Court is not "giving" power to the Executive Branch. It is a law which the SC is upholding.

23 Jan 2024 10:45 #3 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Biden's Border "Victory"
Then why was Trump not afforded the same power to do whatever he wanted to secure the border?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

23 Jan 2024 10:51 #4 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic Biden's Border "Victory"

Rick wrote: Then why was Trump not afforded the same power to do whatever he wanted to secure the border?

He had the same power. It's the law.

Are you confusing the Congressional funds for Trumps wall with enforcing the federal governments power to police the border?

23 Jan 2024 10:56 #5 by Rick
Let me ask you something Koobookie, since the 10 million people have been in this country, how much do you think that gas cost American tampers… not just in money, but in resources like housing that could be used for our own homeless? Do you think it’s more or less than 5 billion dollars?

George Orwell

25 Jan 2024 19:26 #6 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Biden's Border "Victory"

Republican governors are supporting Abbott's attempt to close the border.
Who will blink first? And will the showdown get bloody?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

26 Jan 2024 14:03 #7 by Rick

Rick wrote: Let me ask you something Koobookie, since the 10 million people have been in this country, how much do you think that gas cost American tampers… not just in money, but in resources like housing that could be used for our own homeless? Do you think it’s more or less than 5 billion dollars?

I wasn’t drunk when I wrote this but it looks like I was lol.

George Orwell

26 Jan 2024 16:40 #8 by FredHayek

Should the GOP accept this deal? Or will it encourage millions more to cross the border?

Attachments:

27 Jan 2024 18:28 #9 by Rick
Nothing in that garbage will discourage people from breaking the laws Biden refuses to enforce. This year will be another 3-4 million people taxpayers have to take care of while our own homeless and poor will suffer.

Then there's the terrorist attacks that will come and the blood will be on the hands of Joe and Democrats.

George Orwell

28 Jan 2024 21:08 #10 by FredHayek

Can President Biden get along with anyone?

Venezuelans are all over Denver and the suburbs looking for works and cleaning windshields on Colfax.

Cuban refugees came to Florida in the 50's and 60's helping to turn the state Red. Could a wave of Venezuelans fleeing the communism of their native land make Colorado purple again?

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds