Biden's Border "Victory"

06 Feb 2024 21:34 #71 by FredHayek

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Feb 2024 07:06 #72 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Biden's Border "Victory"

homeagain wrote:

ramage wrote: "Show me you work" sound like show me yours I'll show you mine from junior HS. Briefly, Slo Joe told Ukraine if you don't fire the investigator you won't get the billion+ from the U.S. Is that clear enough for you:?
As to the Russian goals. What makes you think that they want to conquer Ukraine other than the provinces that voted to be part of the Russia?
Stop with the simplistic WWII analogy.. Why stop there? What about WWI?
Do you have any comprehension as to what would be required for a Russian offense other than the SMO?
I don't think so. You simply show that you are only able to parrot MSM talking points. Do you have any independent thoughts?

OH LET ME SHOW U......IN HIS MIND'S EYE IT IS THE MOTHERLAND THAT HAS BEEN SEPARATED
AND REQUIRES BEING UNITED TO BRING A COMPLETE COUNTRY UNDER ONE NAME...(it was stolen)

www.businessinsider.com/why-did-russia-i...s-motive-2023-6?op=1

aylor said the invasion of Ukraine reflects Putin's "grievances that have been brewing for a long time."

For Putin, "Russia has a right to rule Ukraine. Russians and Ukrainians are one nation and one people. They were illegitimately and artificially separated when the Soviet Union collapsed, and he blames the West for trying to pull Ukraine out of Russia's natural friendship," Taylor said.

TO RAMAGE.... who must have missed this piece of info......AND your assessment of what was layed down in print, from business insider????

07 Feb 2024 08:24 #73 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic Biden's Border "Victory"
Your Biden / Ukraine claim:
www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/20...osecutor/5991434002/

It's true that Joe Biden leveraged $1 billion in aid to persuade Ukraine to oust its top prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, in March 2016. But it wasn't because Shokin was investigating Burisma. It was because Shokin wasn't pursuing corruption among the country's politicians.

As European and American diplomats pressed Ukraine to clean up its corruption, they focused on Shokin's leadership of the Prosecutor General's Office, which he took over in February 2015.

Burisma Holdings was not under scrutiny at the time Joe Biden called for Shokin to be removed, per the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine, an independent agency that has worked closely with the FBI.

In 2014, Shokin had investigated Burisma for money laundering and tax irregularities, per USA TODAY.

The probe focused on 2010-12, according to the National Anti-Corruption Bureau.

Hunter Biden — who joined the board in 2014 and served on it until early 2019 — was not the subject of the investigation.

You really think a dictator, like Putin, will stop at just a few territories. That's pretty naive. I am stunned that you seem to be supporting Putin in his attempt to take over a democratic country. Why are you supporting him?
This is from last March:
www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/ukraineale...ukraine-and-belarus/

Over the past year, Vladimir Putin has compared himself to empire-building eighteenth century Russian Czar Peter the Great, and has attempted to annex entire regions of Ukraine while declaring that he is “returning historically Russian lands.” A recently leaked document purportedly detailing Russian plans to absorb neighboring Belarus now provides further insight into the imperial ambitions that are also driving the invasion of Ukraine.

Allegedly produced by Putin’s Presidential Administration with input from the Russian intelligence services and armed forces, the 17-page internal strategy paper was made public in early 2023 by an international consortium of journalists. It serves as a comprehensive guide to the unofficial annexation of Belarus via a combination of economic, military, political, and social measures, with the objective of full absorption into a so-called “Union State” with Russia by 2030.

The analogy to WW2 is appropriate, as Germany invaded and annexed Poland in 1939. Putin has invaded an independent country. I don't know how to make it any more clear.

07 Feb 2024 11:17 #74 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Biden's Border "Victory"
"
TO RAMAGE.... who must have missed this piece of info......AND your assessment of what was layed down in print, from business insider????"

My assessment: if you have a paid subscription to this website, you should ask for your money back.

07 Feb 2024 12:00 #75 by ramage
A "democratic country" surely you jest.

In 2014 the legal and democratically elected government was overthrown by the precursor to the current government. This overthrow was funded and fomented by the CIA and state department spear headed by Victoria Nuland.
Now in 2024, Ukraine has suspended elections, outlawed political parties, harassed and arrested religious leaders, disallowed free speech, jailed an American journalist, who subsequently died in custody.
This is what you call a democratic and independent country.

As a lagniappe, Ukraine killed 16,000+ of its own citizens in the shelling of the Donbass and Luhansk regions between 2014-2020.

If you would like, I shall start a thread that clearly delineates the history of Ukraine.

07 Feb 2024 12:05 #76 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Biden's Border "Victory"
If you would like, I shall start a thread that clearly delineates the history of Ukraine. ..

OH PLEASE DO, however, YOUR site should address the factors in business insider AND your pov should be included within the post.

07 Feb 2024 12:34 #77 by koobookie
Yeah, it is a democracy. It holds elections and everything! Wow! Has it always been? No. Has there been corruption? You betcha, but right now, it is a democracy under attack by Russia.

www.chathamhouse.org/2023/11/democracy-ukraine

Is Ukraine a democracy today?

Above all, Ukraine today is a country at war. It is difficult – if not impossible – for certain democratic institutions to function as they should when part of the country is under occupation and the rest is under intense continued physical threat.

There are multiple definitions of democracy. Even the most minimal definitions of democracy require regular free and fair elections, in which all eligible adults are able to participate. Ukraine would normally hold presidential elections every five years, meaning that in normal circumstances the next election should take place in March 2024. A parliamentary election should have been held in October 2023. But the Ukrainian constitution states that elections cannot take place while the country is under martial law. And the reality is that Ukraine would struggle to conduct elections that are free, fair and inclusive while it is at war with Russia.

07 Feb 2024 14:57 #78 by ramage
Well HA, why don't you write my opinion,

I have given ample evidence of my point of view on topics that I address. If I found it necessary to respond to the Business Insider, I would address my comments to them. Don't you find it ironic that you of all people wants to require someone to post his point of view?

By the way, will they give you your money back?

07 Feb 2024 15:17 #79 by ramage
All the globalists publications will not put lipstick on the pig that is Ukraine. Do you seriously accept this excuse which you quoted:
" And the reality is that Ukraine would struggle to conduct elections that are free, fair and inclusive while it is at war with Russia".
Is this also the excuse for the civl injustice that the Zelenskii regime has instituted, that I posted? An addition to that list is the closing of all television networks except for one, controlled by the government.

Do you dispute any of these facts?

For your edification, The United States held elections in 1864, the height of the Civil War.

Addendum: The Ukraine constitution does not state that elections cannot take place while the country is under martial law. That is an interpretation of apologists for Zelenskii to cover for his actions, since Feb 2022.

07 Feb 2024 15:25 #80 by koobookie
foreignpolicy.com/2023/07/11/ukraine-dem...ons-russia-zelensky/

Whether objections to the postponement of Ukraine’s elections come from a place of hostility or sympathy, they fail to understand that voting during this war would be legally, practically, and institutionally impossible. Ukraine is under martial law, with constant threat of Russian bombs and many of its people displaced. Postponing elections was not a function of any fear on Zelensky’s part, since his approval ratings have soared during wartime. A country under a full-scale invasion and occupation is simply in no position to vote.

Article 83 of the Ukrainian Constitution states that if the term of the Verkhovna Rada expires under martial law, it shall automatically be extended until a new Rada is seated following the end of martial law. Article 19 of Ukraine’s martial law legislation specifically forbids conducting national elections. Thus, for Ukraine to conduct elections while under martial law would be a violation of legal norms that predate Zelensky and the full-scale Russian invasion.

Kox acknowledged this in a subsequent conversation with Olha Aivazovska, the head of Ukraine’s top election watchdog, stating that “it is clear that [Ukraine’s] constitution does not allow you to organize elections when martial law is applicable.”

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds