Biden's Border "Victory"

01 Feb 2024 08:47 - 01 Feb 2024 08:48 #31 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Biden's Border "Victory"

koobookie wrote:

FredHayek wrote: :romeo: Democrat talking points are out I see. "Republicans refuse to support Biden's border bill"

Then you find out the border bill hasn't even been finalized. SMH.

Then how do the Republicans know to oppose it? Honestly, Fred, Geez.

It's as plain as the nose on your face. The Republicans don't want to solve the border problem, since it gives Trump something to campaign on.

They only need to see the part of the bill that allows 2 million illegals to enter every year. That right there is all you need to know. It's about keeping the flow going, just at a slightly slower rate. No other coiuntry in the world would be so stupid, but here we are.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blazer Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Feb 2024 09:33 - 05 Feb 2024 09:36 #32 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Biden's Border "Victory"
The Senate had to rush to pass the immigration bill before the details came to light. How do you like this item: The bill gives $20 billion for border security, sounds like a lot. Then we find that this bill gives $60 billion to Ukraine, 3 times as much with no strings attached.
Needless to say, Tweedledum and Tweedledee voted for the bill. (Bennet and Hickenlooper)

05 Feb 2024 11:54 #33 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Biden's Border "Victory"
According to Democrat Senator Patty Murray, the $118.28 billion national security supplemental package includes:

$60.06 billion to support Ukraine as it fights back against Putin’s bloody invasion and protects its people and sovereignty.
$14.1 billion in security assistance for Israel.
$2.44 billion to support operations in the U.S. Central Command and address combat expenditures related to conflict in the Red Sea.
$10 billion in humanitarian assistance to provide food, water, shelter, medical care, and other essential services to civilians in Gaza and the West Bank, Ukraine, and other populations caught in conflict zones across the globe.
$4.83 billion to support key regional partners in the Indo-Pacific and deter aggression by the Chinese government.
$2.33 billion to continue support for Ukrainians displaced by Putin’s war of aggression and other refugees fleeing persecution.
The bipartisan border policy changes negotiated by Senators Chris Murphy (D-CT), Kyrsten Sinema (I-AZ), and James Lankford (R-OK).
$20.23 billion to address existing operational needs and expand capabilities at our nation’s borders, resource the new border policies included in the package, and help stop the flow of fentanyl and other narcotics.
The Fentanyl Eradication and Narcotics Deterrence (FEND) Off Fentanyl Act.
$400 million for the Nonprofit Security Grant Program to help nonprofits and places of worship make security enhancements.

Do you remember the day when S.I. Hayakawa, (D) California said, "“A billion here, a billion there; pretty soon you’re talking about real money.”

05 Feb 2024 15:50 #34 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Biden's Border "Victory"
Polls reveal American voters don't want this bill, but because McConnell and Schumer do it will pass.
Starting to feel like our opinion doesn't matter?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 Feb 2024 16:19 #35 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic Biden's Border "Victory"

FredHayek wrote: Polls reveal American voters don't want this bill, but because McConnell and Schumer do it will pass.

Which polls? Can you provide a link?

05 Feb 2024 16:43 #36 by FredHayek

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

05 Feb 2024 18:59 #37 by koobookie
So, not really a poll, just a screenshot of something ambiguous from tiktok that doesn't reveal anything.

05 Feb 2024 23:01 #38 by driver8
Replied by driver8 on topic Biden's Border "Victory"

koobookie wrote: So, not really a poll, just a screenshot of something ambiguous from tiktok that doesn't reveal anything.

These lemmings will never give you concrete anything Koobookie. While I whole heartedly appreciate your attempt to reason with these 'conservatives', I would advise just accepting that they live in an alternate reality and nothing can sway them from following the other 'conservative' lemmings over the proverbial cliff of misinformation... sad as it may be.. but maybe Darwin was right. God bless ya Koobookie for trying though!

06 Feb 2024 06:10 - 06 Feb 2024 06:11 #39 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Biden's Border "Victory"

koobookie wrote: So, not really a poll, just a screenshot of something ambiguous from tiktok that doesn't reveal anything.

Could you point out the parts that are not accurate? I know driver8 isn’t going to do anything other than his usual hit and run insults, but I think you have the ability. The facts are all over the internet, not just on memes.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

06 Feb 2024 08:04 #40 by koobookie
I was asking Fred to show me where he saw the polls, Rick. Perhaps provide a link?

koobookie wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Polls reveal American voters don't want this bill, but because McConnell and Schumer do it will pass.

Which polls? Can you provide a link?

Curious how the Republicans literally demanded specific policies for the border, got it, and then killed it. I guess Putin told Trump to oppose the bill, then Trump told his cult followers to kill it.

Not funding Ukraine is a national security crisis. If we don't help Ukraine, then Putin will win, but that's what every Republican wants, right? They want Putin to win.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds