Biden's Border "Victory"

06 Feb 2024 08:28 #41 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Biden's Border "Victory"
Why wasn't defending Ukraine a top priority when Putin seized Crimea and the Eastern Oblasts? President Obama was in office and vowed to come to Ukraine's defense. He didn't. It was only decades later that the US decided we could spend tens of billions of dollars propping up Ukraine.

Why is it different now?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Feb 2024 08:40 #42 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic Biden's Border "Victory"
Are you saying that Ukraine once again becoming part of Russia (Soviet Union) is acceptable to you? It's not a national security issue to keep Putin in check?

Where are those polls, Fred?

06 Feb 2024 08:43 #43 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Biden's Border "Victory"

koobookie wrote: I was asking Fred to show me where he saw the polls, Rick. Perhaps provide a link?

koobookie wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Polls reveal American voters don't want this bill, but because McConnell and Schumer do it will pass.
Starting to feel like our opinion doesn't matter?

Which polls? Can you provide a link?

Curious how the Republicans literally demanded specific policies for the border, got it, and then killed it. I guess Putin told Trump to oppose the bill, then Trump told his cult followers to kill it.

Not funding Ukraine is a national security crisis. If we don't help Ukraine, then Putin will win, but that's what every Republican wants, right? They want Putin to win.

Why do you think they always lump stuff together that have no relation to each other. If they want a border bill, just put a border bill out there on it's own. You know as well as I do that these scumbags put all their wish lists all together in one big fat bill and then they say "SEE, THE REPUBLICANS DON"T WANT BORDER SECURITY!!". This nonsense has to stop because it's dishonest and it makes no sense.

As for the border part of this junk bill, it allows 5000 illegals a day. I forgot which numbnut just said it but he said the border never closes... yeah, no shit, and that has to change.

I give Fred a hard time about worthless moderate Republicans who always bend over for Democrat demands, and this is a prime example. Every Republican that wants this garbage needs to be voted out of office.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

06 Feb 2024 08:48 #44 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Biden's Border "Victory"

koobookie wrote:

Curious how the Republicans literally demanded specific policies for the border, got it, and then killed it. I guess Putin told Trump to oppose the bill, then Trump told his cult followers to kill it.

Don't believe your lying eyes.

www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/10/...-immigration-border/
"Four months after White House officials spoke in victorious tones about an unexpected plunge in illegal migration, Biden is once again under growing pressure to address a surge in border crossings that shows no sign of slowing down. And the most notable criticism is coming from his own party.

06 Feb 2024 08:54 #45 by koobookie
Rick - because the two parties don't trust each other? Republicans will say that they will support a singular bill to fund Ukraine & Israel, just to get a border bill passed. Then renege on their pledge once they get their way. Vice versa for Democrats. That's the way Congress, and politics, work. Compromise. I give you what you want, then you give me what I want, in the same bill so we have to swallow a bit of poison to help our country.

Not everything is black & white.

06 Feb 2024 08:58 #46 by koobookie
If I remember correctly, the surge in border crossings has eased since the first of the year.

Why hasn't Congress passed any laws about immigration?

Here's a timeline of Congressional action on immigration:
www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/immigration-...s-timeline-rcna64467

Ooooh, here's a good one from the article

2013 — With President Barack Obama in the White House, a bipartisan group of senators, nicknamed the Gang of 8, negotiated an immigration reform bill that was approved in the Senate. The bill included a path to legal status and eventual citizenship, and it established “goals,” such as putting up 700 miles of border fencing and getting an employment verification system up and running before people who were in the country illegally could apply for legalization. It also would have added as many as 40,000 Border Patrol agents. A less celebrated bipartisan group of eight members was working on a bill in the House, but it disintegrated without having introduced a bill. House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, announced that there would be no movement on immigration.

06 Feb 2024 09:00 #47 by Rick
What else do these people have to do to earn a paycheck? They could easily come up with 3 bills... one for Ukraine, one for Israel, and one for the border. That way each member is on the record for each of the bills and constituents actually know where they stand. They don't want to be held accountable for voting for garbage so they lump it all into one big ugly bill.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

06 Feb 2024 09:07 - 06 Feb 2024 09:08 #48 by Rick
Another great leftist move that incentivizes more illegal entry:

NYC launches $53M program to hand out pre-paid credit cards to migrant families

Mayor Eric Adams’ administration will soon start handing out pre-paid credit cards to migrant families being put up in Big Apple hotels, The Post has learned.

The $53 million pilot program, run by the New Jersey company Mobility Capital Finance, will provide asylum seekers arriving at the Roosevelt Hotel with the city cash to help them buy food, according to city records.

That's a lot more money than that city spends on veterans that need our help. Who is being helped other than the Democrat's future voting block?
nypost.com/2024/02/02/metro/nyc-to-hand-...t-families-for-food/

George Orwell

06 Feb 2024 09:36 #49 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Biden's Border "Victory"

Why was the border stable under President Trump but a disaster under President Biden?

Because the Democrats want tens of millions of illegals here.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

06 Feb 2024 10:16 #50 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: Because the Democrats want tens of millions of illegals here.

Prove your assertion. Back it up with facts and show your work.

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds