SENATE PASSES AID BILL FOR UKRAINE, ISRAEL AND TIAWAN

22 Feb 2024 09:49 #61 by koobookie
Why have Congressional Republicans screamed and screamed for a bill that includes immigration reform and then torpedoed the bill that the Senate passed which included immigration reform?

Why have Congressional Republicans not written a clean bill of their own to address their own manufactured "crisis"? Why hasn't Congress not passed any meaningful legislation addressing immigration?

Why do Congressional Republicans prevent anything from happening on this "crisis," and then blame others for their own Republican inaction?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Feb 2024 09:54 #62 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote: Why have Congressional Republicans screamed and screamed for a bill that includes immigration reform and then torpedoed the bill that the Senate passed which included immigration reform?

Why have Congressional Republicans not written a clean bill of their own to address their own manufactured "crisis"? Why hasn't Congress not passed any meaningful legislation addressing immigration?

Why do Congressional Republicans prevent anything from happening on this "crisis," and then blame others for their own Republican inaction?

Because Republicans know that we don't need new laws to keep the border closed. President Trump managed to do this. The floodgates opened up once President Biden was elected, because that was what the Obama-Biden gang wanted.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Feb 2024 09:55 #63 by FredHayek

Attachments:

22 Feb 2024 10:21 #64 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote:

koobookie wrote: Why have Congressional Republicans screamed and screamed for a bill that includes immigration reform and then torpedoed the bill that the Senate passed which included immigration reform?

Because Republicans know that we don't need new laws to keep the border closed. President Trump managed to do this. The floodgates opened up once President Biden was elected, because that was what the Obama-Biden gang wanted.

Then why do the House Republicans continually scream that they won't allow any Ukrainian financial help to pass until they get a bill on immigration reform?

You do see the hypocrisy here, don't you Fred?

22 Feb 2024 12:42 #65 by FredHayek
Yes, and the Schumer/Biden bill allowed in 5,000 illegal immigrants a day into the US legally, and then get this, if the president wanted to increase that total, he could. It was a joke of a bill. Especially when President Trump showed you he can close 90% of border traffic.

Don't even need House participation.

Attachments:

22 Feb 2024 13:00 #66 by ramage
Evidently the moderators do not feel my comment on this topic is worthy of being posted. I'll try again, read H.R. 2, passed by the House of Representatives on May 11, 2023. This bill has sat on Schumer's desk for the last 10 months.

22 Feb 2024 13:02 #67 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: Yes, and the Schumer/Biden bill allowed in 5,000 illegal immigrants a day into the US legally, and then get this, if the president wanted to increase that total, he could. It was a joke of a bill. Especially when President Trump showed you he can close 90% of border traffic.

First, and I know this is especially difficult for you boys to understand, is that the majority are immigrants seeking asylum. Yes, some cross illegally, but they have been caught. The majority come through ports of entry and apply for asylum.

Second, why hasn't the House done anything about this "crisis?" Why did they go on vacation for two weeks without addressing the situation? Why can't they create a new clean bill that addresses the "crisis?"

You and I both know the reason, and that is because they are playing political football. The Republicans in Congress don't have anything to run on this fall, since they have done virtually nothing in the Congressional session. So they are creating a "crisis" to hurt Super Joe Biden and help the twice impeached Donald Trump.

22 Feb 2024 13:17 #68 by driver8

koobookie wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Yes, and the Schumer/Biden bill allowed in 5,000 illegal immigrants a day into the US legally, and then get this, if the president wanted to increase that total, he could. It was a joke of a bill. Especially when President Trump showed you he can close 90% of border traffic.

First, and I know this is especially difficult for you boys to understand, is that the majority are immigrants seeking asylum. Yes, some cross illegally, but they have been caught. The majority come through ports of entry and apply for asylum.

Second, why hasn't the House done anything about this "crisis?" Why did they go on vacation for two weeks without addressing the situation? Why can't they create a new clean bill that addresses the "crisis?"

You and I both know the reason, and that is because they are playing political football. The Republicans in Congress don't have anything to run on this fall, since they have done virtually nothing in the Congressional session. So they are creating a "crisis" to hurt Super Joe Biden and help the twice impeached Donald Trump.

But you see Koobookie... we have evidence of why they aren't passing the bill right here on MMT! Their constituency is made up of useful idiots that would rather believe their party actually stands for something other than gaining power. They can't govern. They have no intent to govern, at least not for all of America, just the white, christian males. We have a group of weak men here on MMT who can't stand strong women, non-whites and anybody they consider inferior according to their fragility might actually get help and benefits to improve their lives. The ultimate weak man syndrome. Cowards and shitty humans.

22 Feb 2024 13:29 #69 by FredHayek

driver8 wrote:

koobookie wrote:

But you see Koobookie... we have evidence of why they aren't passing the bill right here on MMT! Their constituency is made up of useful idiots that would rather believe their party actually stands for something other than gaining power. They can't govern. They have no intent to govern, at least not for all of America, just the white, christian males. We have a group of weak men here on MMT who can't stand strong women, non-whites and anybody they consider inferior according to their fragility might actually get help and benefits to improve their lives. The ultimate weak man syndrome. Cowards and shitty humans.

Wow! When you know your arguments are trash, denigrate your neighbors. Classy!

I love strong women, want to increase legal immigration. Support short term benefits for the down and out. I don't consider people I disagree with my inferiors, they just have a different point of view.

I am concerned about 35 trillion in debt, an Open Border, billions of dollars given out to the world that we simply don't have.

22 Feb 2024 13:45 #70 by ramage
"
From your posting driver8, evidently anyone who holds an opinion different from yours is a bigoted white Christian male who hates strong women, and are cowards and shitty humans.
Did you leave anything out? Perhaps you might want to include the LGBTQIA community as another target.

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds