SENATE PASSES AID BILL FOR UKRAINE, ISRAEL AND TIAWAN

22 Feb 2024 14:01 #71 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: I love strong women, want to increase legal immigration. Support short term benefits for the down and out. I don't consider people I disagree with my inferiors, they just have a different point of view.

I am concerned about 35 trillion in debt, an Open Border, billions of dollars given out to the world that we simply don't have.

Fred, the majority of those crossing the border are via ports of entry. Then they ask for asylum. I believe that makes them legal immigrants?

www.vera.org/news/yes-its-legal-to-seek-...in-the-united-states

Seeking asylum is legal and the United States has accepted people fleeing danger for centuries. Despite this fact, many misconceptions persist about asylum seekers like Paul. Too often, asylum seekers are demonized, criminalized, imprisoned, and treated as political pawns in an immigration system that is not equipped, nor designed, to humanely handle its responsibilities.

It's an interesting read and informative.

Just curious, Fred, when you say "Open Border," what do you mean? Do you think it's really open and that immigrants just walk across without any risk of being caught? Do you think that there is no border patrol? Exactly how is it open?

Please educate me as to what conservatives mean when they say "open border."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Feb 2024 19:44 #72 by FredHayek
We need to change the asylum rules. Simple as that. Require applicants to apply from other nations. Some of these illegals are journeying through multiple nations to reach America.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Feb 2024 20:04 #73 by ramage
Fred,
The asylum rules don't need to be changed, simply enforce the existing rule which requires that asylum be requested in the first country entered.

25 Feb 2024 20:21 #74 by FredHayek

Attachments:

27 Feb 2024 14:39 #75 by FredHayek

Corrupt Ukrainian oligarchs and a bipartisan group of senators and representatives want to give them tens of billions of dollars more.

Attachments:

27 Feb 2024 17:31 #76 by ramage
It is hard to believe that there is the support for the bill, however, Tweedle Dee (I don't want to be a senator) and Tweedledum {Duh, where am I?) vote Colorado in lockstep with the democrat leadership. When asked they cloak themselves in the guise of protecting democracy, nothing more.

03 Mar 2024 22:27 #77 by FredHayek

Have to make sure their children still have jobs, right?

Attachments:

04 Mar 2024 07:28 #78 by ramage
I'm at a loss. What is the attraction of Ukraine?

04 Mar 2024 07:58 #79 by FredHayek

Attachments:

12 Mar 2024 07:21 #80 by ramage
In case you missed it.

The new head of the Ukrainian army, Oleksandr Syrskyi, is known as “the butcher” by his own troops, and there are fears his aggressive style will lead to massive losses for Ukrainians in the east on top of already high casualties.

In a new interview with Politico, one soldier who wished to remain anonymous warned about the 58-year-old Syrskyi, saying: “He will kill us all.

A situation that only another $61 billion can cure.

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds