Should certains Christmas Carols be banned from schools?

20 Nov 2010 16:04 #41 by pchistory
Perhaps, to balance things out, public schools could enforce fasting and prayer during the month of Ramadan - or they could take it easy by just doing it on Yom Kippur. It would teach the students about repentance, patience, humility, and spirituality. At the same time, it would help reduce childhood obesity.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Nov 2010 16:10 #42 by outdoor338
interesting, very interesting!

20 Nov 2010 16:47 #43 by major bean

Scruffy wrote: IT IS NOT ABOUT BEING OFFENDED.

It is about forcing your religion on someone in a public institution where they would have no choice. Why do you want to force your religion on our school children, Outdoor? Can you please answer?

Admit it. It is a control thing. A pseudo-intellectual effete snob minority can stop the unwashed stupid masses from celebrating.

Regards,
Major Bean

20 Nov 2010 16:57 #44 by Scruffy

major bean wrote:

It is about forcing your religion on someone in a public institution where they would have no choice. Why do you want to force your religion on our school children, Outdoor? Can you please answer?

Admit it. It is a control thing. A pseudo-intellectual effete snob minority can stop the unwashed stupid masses from celebrating.

Perhaps you haven't been paying attention. It's about freedom of and from religion. If you don't understand that, then I can't help you.

20 Nov 2010 16:57 #45 by ckm8

major bean wrote:

Wow. Major Bean thinks all Christians are stupid and unwashed. That's harsh, dude.

20 Nov 2010 16:58 - 20 Nov 2010 17:07 #46 by major bean
scruffy, I have been paying very close attention. And your last post drips of condescension.

ckm8, yes, there are not many high and mighty called as Christians, but the salt of the earth are called. Blessed are the meek. Blessed are the humble. Blessed are the poor. Any problems with that?
(edited for the understanding of Scruffy. MB)

Regards,
Major Bean

20 Nov 2010 17:00 #47 by Scruffy

major bean wrote: I have been paying very close attention. And your last post drips of condescension.

It's not condescension. It's about keeping others from imposing their religion on those who don't want it.

20 Nov 2010 17:01 #48 by Scruffy

major bean wrote: scruffy, I have been paying very close attention. And your last post drips of condescension.

ckm8, yes, there are not many high and mighty called, but they are the salt of the earth. Blessed are the meek. Blessed are the humble. Blessed are the poor. Any problems with that?

What? That last sentence has me baffled. Can you explain it?

20 Nov 2010 17:02 #49 by major bean
Sounds like you just said what I said. It is a control thing.

The last sentence says that the Christians are made up of the salt of the earth not the pseudo-intellectuals. Make sense now? It was a reply to ckm8, not you. There are other people in the world, you know.

Regards,
Major Bean

20 Nov 2010 17:05 #50 by Scruffy

major bean wrote: Sounds like you just said what I said. It is a control thing.

The only way it be even vaguely perceived as a control issue would be to look at it as trying to control others imposition of their religion upon others who do not want it. That's really spinning it.

Look, what I want is for religions to be kept in the church, not in the public schools. If you deem that as control, then I doubt I will be able to change your mind.

major bean wrote: The last sentence says that the Christians are made up of the salt of the earth not the pseudo-intellectuals. Make sense now?

No. Are you saying that Christians are not intellectuals?

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds