Should certains Christmas Carols be banned from schools?

20 Nov 2010 10:31 #1 by The Viking
Should certains Christmas Carols such as Silent Night and Away in a Manger be banned from Christmas programs at schools even though they have been performed there for decades with no one getting hurt from it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Nov 2010 10:50 #2 by Scruffy
So, are you saying that Kwanzaa songs should be sung as well? I don't know if Muslims have carols, but if they do, we should sing them, too, right? Wiccan and Bachannalian songs should be performed? What about Jewish music? Some Buddhist chants? Pagan dances? After all, they've been performed in various places for centuries without any injuries, right?

It must be terrible to be a victimized Christian.

20 Nov 2010 11:04 #3 by The Viking

Scruffy wrote: So, are you saying that Kwanzaa songs should be sung as well? I don't know if Muslims have carols, but if they do, we should sing them, too, right? Wiccan and Bachannalian songs should be performed? What about Jewish music? Some Buddhist chants? Pagan dances? After all, they've been performed in various places for centuries without any injuries, right?

They have Christmas songs for Christmas programs? Sure. Let them sing them.

20 Nov 2010 11:07 #4 by Scruffy

The Viking wrote:

Scruffy wrote: So, are you saying that Kwanzaa songs should be sung as well? I don't know if Muslims have carols, but if they do, we should sing them, too, right? Wiccan and Bachannalian songs should be performed? What about Jewish music? Some Buddhist chants? Pagan dances? After all, they've been performed in various places for centuries without any injuries, right?

They have Christmas songs for Christmas programs? Sure. Let them sing them.

So you think that we should have religious programs for every possible faith that might be represented in our public schools.

20 Nov 2010 11:08 #5 by Photo-fish
Why not introduce a number of different songs or themes and make it an all inclusive Holiday Pageant? You could sing Christmas songs, Chanuka Songs, Kwanzaa songs... Why focus on JUST the christian aspect of the hoilday season? Sure a catholic school should sing christmas songs but public schools? Broaden the kid's horizons by exposing them to other cultures and religions I say.

Just my opinion.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

20 Nov 2010 11:14 #6 by Scruffy
Why? Because Christians like to pretend that they are a persecuted religion.

If you have one religious song, you need to include them all. If you celebrate one religious holiday in a public school, you should celebrate them all. It gets way too complicated, so why don't we just keep religion in the church where it belongs?

20 Nov 2010 11:18 #7 by major bean

Being a self-loather must be a terrible thing. It must involve quite a bit of childhood/parental discord.

Regards,
Major Bean

20 Nov 2010 11:27 #8 by Scruffy
Not sure how you arrived at that conclusion. I just don't want my kids to be forced into singing your religious songs. Is that so hard to understand?

20 Nov 2010 11:43 #9 by Residenttroll returns
....and neither should the Bible or Prayer.

20 Nov 2010 11:56 #10 by outdoor338
Since when are Muslims celebrating Christ's birth? Way to much PC scruffy! I have never seen in my 40+ years any Muslim singing "Joy to the world", or "Silent Night". I don't see why adding other faiths contrary to Christian beliefs to be included to celebrate Christmas, why should be incorporated? Would be like when Cinco de Mayo is celebrated, we decide to celebrate a funeral mass at their party, or like you having a birthday party for your kid and someone from down the block crashes your party and says hey, lets watch the superbowl party here! Christmas is event that American, European, and Christians around the world enjoy, so lib's want Christmas day watered down as well. Not going to happen.

Christ·mas (krsms)
n.
1. A Christian feast commemorating the birth of Jesus.
2. December 25, the day on which this feast is celebrated.
3. Christmastide

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds