Should certains Christmas Carols be banned from schools?

21 Nov 2010 11:00 #91 by LadyJazzer
I'm not "too young", and the liberal movement existed long before O'Hare did. You should spend more time reading REAL history instead of listening to Beck, Limbaugh, Hannity, and the rest of the morons... Goose-stepping is easy once you get the hang of it--I'm told. You should fit right in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Nov 2010 11:29 #92 by Wayne Harrison

major bean wrote: Before O'Hair there was nothing. All who follow are her spawn.

First of all, O'Hair was the leader of the Atheist Party and was an atheist activist. She was not a member of the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party traces its origins to the inspiration of Democratic-Republican Party, founded by Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, and other influential opponents of the Federalists in 1792. There is nothing in the Democratic platform about atheism.

Liberalism and the Democratic Party existed long before O'Hair ever made noise in 1960.

I'm not sure why you're knocking liberalism anyway. During the first quarter of 2009, 52% of Americans identified more closely with the Democratic party while 39% did so more closely with the Republican Party. Social liberals (modern liberals) and progressives constitute roughly half of the Democratic voter base.

Some libertarians also support the Democratic Party because Democratic positions on such issues as civil rights and separation of church and state are more closely aligned to their own than the positions of the Republican Party. They oppose gun control, the "War on Drugs," protectionism, corporate welfare, government debt, and an interventionist foreign policy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Democratic_Party

21 Nov 2010 14:28 #93 by Residenttroll returns
LJ is right. Liberalism was imported from Europe in the 1800's when the American universities wanted to follow the world standard instead of creating the world standard. Sort of like when we started imported Terrorist in 1990's - we wanted to give international students the opportunity to learn democratic government...instead they learned how to try and destroy it; thus, 9/11.....

21 Nov 2010 14:38 #94 by archer

residenttroll CA wrote: LJ is right. Liberalism was imported from Europe in the 1800's when the American universities wanted to follow the world standard instead of creating the world standard. Sort of like when we started imported Terrorist in 1990's - we wanted to give international students the opportunity to learn democratic government...instead they learned how to try and destroy it; thus, 9/11.....

Gotta love your simplistic view of the world, it boils down to "whatever is wrong with the world since the dawn of time can be attributed to liberals."

.....carry on

21 Nov 2010 14:46 #95 by outdoor338
I think RT is on to something here!

21 Nov 2010 15:16 #96 by major bean

Pineguy wrote:

major bean wrote: Before O'Hair there was nothing. All who follow are her spawn.

First of all, O'Hair was the leader of the Atheist Party and was an atheist activist. She was not a member of the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party traces its origins to the inspiration of Democratic-Republican Party, founded by Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, and other influential opponents of the Federalists in 1792. There is nothing in the Democratic platform about atheism.

Liberalism and the Democratic Party existed long before O'Hair ever made noise in 1960.

I'm not sure why you're knocking liberalism anyway. During the first quarter of 2009, 52% of Americans identified more closely with the Democratic party while 39% did so more closely with the Republican Party. Social liberals (modern liberals) and progressives constitute roughly half of the Democratic voter base.

Some libertarians also support the Democratic Party because Democratic positions on such issues as civil rights and separation of church and state are more closely aligned to their own than the positions of the Republican Party. They oppose gun control, the "War on Drugs," protectionism, corporate welfare, government debt, and an interventionist foreign policy.

Pineguy, who in the world mentioned the Democratic Party???? You are reading what you want to read.

Regards,
Major Bean

21 Nov 2010 15:19 #97 by major bean

LadyJazzer wrote: I'm not "too young", and the liberal movement existed long before O'Hare did. You should spend more time reading REAL history instead of listening to Beck, Limbaugh, Hannity, and the rest of the morons... Goose-stepping is easy once you get the hang of it--I'm told. You should fit right in.

LJ, liberalism branches like the limbs of a tree. O'Hair was the trunk of the school/religion debate.

Also I do not listen to any of those entertainers that you listed.

Regards,
Major Bean

21 Nov 2010 15:21 #98 by Scruffy

major bean wrote:

Pineguy wrote:

Pineguy, who in the world mentioned the Democratic Party???? You are reading what you want to read.

You mentioned liberalism. Pineguy said "Liberalism and the Democratic Party existed long before O'Hair ever made noise in 1960." You also stated that modern liberalism was started by O'Hair, which Pineguy has shown was incorrect. If you have facts which show otherwise, please present them.

21 Nov 2010 15:26 #99 by major bean
Sure there were Communists before O'Hair. They were considered liberals. Do they go back to Jefferson, et. al.? This thread concerns schools/religion and my comments were posted with this topic in mind. So you are wrong again. You need some tips on how to address a topic. Keep that in mind each time that you post.

What does the pink hair stand for? Rainbow? What?

Regards,
Major Bean

21 Nov 2010 15:29 #100 by Scruffy
It was you, not I, that deviated from the topic by trying to color liberals as atheists. Then when you were again caught backpedaling, you try to tell me that we are off topic?

Time to create page: 0.330 seconds