Should certains Christmas Carols be banned from schools?

20 Nov 2010 17:10 #51 by major bean

Scruffy wrote:

major bean wrote: Sounds like you just said what I said. It is a control thing.

The only way it be even vaguely perceived as a control issue would be to look at it as trying to control others imposition of their religion upon others who do not want it. That's really spinning it.

Look, what I want is for religions to be kept in the church, not in the public schools. If you deem that as control, then I doubt I will be able to change your mind.

major bean wrote: The last sentence says that the Christians are made up of the salt of the earth not the pseudo-intellectuals. Make sense now?

No. Are you saying that Christians are not intellectuals?

You really are stupid, aren't you?!

Regards,
Major Bean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Nov 2010 17:13 #52 by Scruffy
Thanks for the insult. Since you think I am so stupid, could you explain your "salt of the earth" line in more detail so an idiot like me can understand it?

20 Nov 2010 17:18 #53 by ckm8
Major Bean hates Christians. He thinks they're stupid, dirty, un-intellectual. No smart, clean, intellectuals allowed. Man, I'd hate to go to his church.

20 Nov 2010 17:26 #54 by major bean
Scruffy and ckm8, I cannot believe that you have not read the Bible and do not know that the sermon on the mount defined those who would become Christians. You are very hung up on being perceived as smart and intellectuals.

Humans are emotional beings and only use intellectual ability to feed their emotions. Religion goes straight to the heart of the believer.
You make it sound as if the only good people are extremely smart. I do believe that you need some introspection.

Regards,
Major Bean

20 Nov 2010 17:32 #55 by ckm8
I don't remember Jesus exhorting his follows to be ignorant and dirty Major Bean. No one here but you has suggested that all Christians are stupid, that being smart means that you aren't a Christian. Only you have made these statements. I have to wonder what Bible you study. Jesus was a Rabbi, a teacher, an intellectual.

20 Nov 2010 17:33 #56 by Scruffy

major bean wrote: Scruffy and ckm8, I cannot believe that you have not read the Bible and do not know that the sermon on the mount defined those who would become Christians. You are very hung up on being perceived as smart and intellectuals.

Humans are emotional beings and only use intellectual ability to feed their emotions. Religion goes straight to the heart of the believer.
You make it sound as if the only good people are extremely smart. I do believe that you need some introspection.

Thanks for telling me what I need. That's not condescending at all.

I have never stated that I am smart or a intellectual. That seems to be your label and you hangup.

I have read the Bible, many times through. I know the Sermon on the Mount but could not understand your correlation between the "salt of the earth" phrase and the pseudo-intellectual statement. Are you saying that only the "salt of the earth types are not intellectuals? Because that's what that sentence seems to be saying.

20 Nov 2010 17:40 #57 by jf1acai
I think this discussion is going in the wrong direction.

Since Christmas is a religious holiday, and we (supposedly) cannot allow religion to affect government in any way, it should be removed from all local, state, and federal holiday lists, and be treated as a normal work day.

Problem solved.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

20 Nov 2010 17:41 #58 by major bean
Why impose that on us?

Regards,
Major Bean

20 Nov 2010 17:46 #59 by outdoor338
This one of my favorite Christmas songs from WW11.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUbU5hD0rrM

20 Nov 2010 17:46 #60 by ckm8

major bean wrote: Why impose that on us?

Because you apparently can't be satisfied with a government sanctioned day off to celebrate your religious rituals without demanding that further government funds be spent to force teachers to force everyone else's children participate as well.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds