Republicans block path to citizenship for young illegals

19 Dec 2010 17:03 #21 by outdoor338
archer, we can't afford it, what's so hard to understand about that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Dec 2010 17:04 #22 by Blazer Bob

LadyJazzer wrote: [

However, to continue that policy against children who were brought here as infants and children and had no choice in it, there should be a better way.

There is a better way, in fact there are are a spectrum of better ways. None are a viable option untill we control our borders. Once that is done a universe of possibilities open up.

Grady, If we had control of our boarders could you accept some compromise?

19 Dec 2010 17:07 #23 by Residenttroll returns

outdoor338 wrote: archer, we can't afford it, what's so hard to understand about that?

Archer and other baby bommers don't care....when the bills come due...they will be long gone and their grandchildren (assuming they don't have a homosexual generational family) will be paying their bills.

19 Dec 2010 18:07 #24 by archer

outdoor338 wrote: archer, we can't afford it, what's so hard to understand about that?

We can't afford not to. Better to allow them to get educated and contribute to our society or join the military and defend this nation. Citizenship is the carrot. Otherwise they continue to be a drain on our economy and we all end up paying for them

19 Dec 2010 18:18 #25 by Nmysys
Send them back where they come from instead of supporting them. They are ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What part of ILLEGAL don't Liberals understand?

19 Dec 2010 19:01 #26 by archer
Reality is what liberals understand and conservatives choose to ignore. You will never send them all back. Thhe best we can realistically expect is to finally close the border, then come up with a plan to deal with those already here. I don't think this nation has the stomach for abusing the children who are here through no fault of their own, nor do we have the funds to find, jail, try and deport the thousands that are already here.

19 Dec 2010 19:10 #27 by Blazer Bob

archer wrote: Reality is what liberals understand and conservatives choose to ignore. You will never send them all back. Thhe best we can realistically expect is to finally close the border, then come up with a plan to deal with those already here. I don't think this nation has the stomach for abusing the children who are here through no fault of their own, nor do we have the funds to find, jail, try and deport the thousands that are already here.

And there you go over and over and over again. OK archer, dig aside I belive that regardless of what Grady and Nym think, most on the right will entertain compromise after the border is secure.

19 Dec 2010 19:35 #28 by archer

neptunechimney wrote:

archer wrote: Reality is what liberals understand and conservatives choose to ignore. You will never send them all back. Thhe best we can realistically expect is to finally close the border, then come up with a plan to deal with those already here. I don't think this nation has the stomach for abusing the children who are here through no fault of their own, nor do we have the funds to find, jail, try and deport the thousands that are already here.

And there you go over and over and over again. OK archer, dig aside I belive that regardless of what Grady and Nym think, most on the right will entertain compromise after the border is secure.

That sure isn't what I read in their posts. I really don't think conservatives ever will compromise. It may well lead to losses in 2012.

19 Dec 2010 19:49 #29 by FredHayek

residenttroll wrote:

Archer and other baby bommers don't care....when the bills come due...they will be long gone and their grandchildren (assuming they don't have a homosexual generational family) will be paying their bills.

That is assuming these illegals with amnesty will continue to be a drain on the economy. To support the SS Ponzi scheme we need more taxpayers and right now we have zero population growth except for immigrants and their families.

And people who do have citizenship are much more likely to learn English and assimilate than those who have to worry about being shipped back to countries they really don't know.

Do you really want to become like Japan, a society rapidly aging and has even higher debt as a percentage of GDP than America? Who will pay those Social Security and Medicare bills?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

19 Dec 2010 20:13 #30 by Residenttroll returns

SS109 wrote:

residenttroll wrote:

That is assuming these illegals with amnesty will continue to be a drain on the economy. To support the SS Ponzi scheme we need more taxpayers and right now we have zero population growth except for immigrants and their families.

And people who do have citizenship are much more likely to learn English and assimilate than those who have to worry about being shipped back to countries they really don't know.

Do you really want to become like Japan, a society rapidly aging and has even higher debt as a percentage of GDP than America? Who will pay those Social Security and Medicare bills?

If this is the only reason for giving illegals citizenship...I'll pass.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds