Republicans block path to citizenship for young illegals

18 Dec 2010 20:50 #1 by outdoor338
WASHINGTON - Senate Republicans on Saturday doomed an effort that would have given hundreds of thousands of young illegal immigrants a path to legal status if they enrolled in college or joined the military.

Sponsors of the Dream Act fell five votes short of the 60 they needed to break through largely GOP opposition and win its enactment before Republicans take over the House and narrow Democrats' majority in the Senate next month.

President Barack Obama called the vote "incredibly disappointing."

http://www.startribune.com/politics/nat ... hiaE3miUsZ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Dec 2010 21:22 #2 by Residenttroll returns
I call the vote "incredibly encouraging."

19 Dec 2010 02:51 #3 by walktrot
They can all go back to their country of origin with the parents that brought them here.

19 Dec 2010 06:02 #4 by outdoor338

19 Dec 2010 07:39 #5 by FredHayek
But consider this, we have already been educating and feeding them for 10+ years, shouldn't the US get the benefit of them as productive workers?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

19 Dec 2010 08:49 #6 by walktrot
The benefit would be to not continue to feed, house, educate, and provide medical care to them. No more free ride!!

19 Dec 2010 08:57 #7 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

SS109 wrote: But consider this, we have already been educating and feeding them for 10+ years, shouldn't the US get the benefit of them as productive workers?

NO!

They are more likely than any other group to be involved in gang activity.

What the hell is it about libs always wanting to import the lowest of the world's scum. Every other country in the world seeks to import people who will improve their society.

19 Dec 2010 10:20 - 19 Dec 2010 19:43 #8 by FredHayek
You don't think young, black, males are more likely to become gang members? If small business is going to save this current economy, to me it seems like Hipsanics and other immigrants are more likley to start their own businesses than native-born Americans.

Correction, I believe young black males are more likley as a percentage of their numbers to join gangs but since there are more than twice as many Hispanics as blacks these days, there would be more total Hispanic gang members. And Hispanic gang members are more likely to have ties to foreign gangs and drug cartels, making them more powerful.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

19 Dec 2010 11:33 #9 by Grady

students vow revolution after act fails in the Senate
This is war!” claims Phoenix student Aldemar Cruz. “Republicans may have stopped the DREAM Act, but they won’t prevent La Reconquista from happening. “White people, watch out!”

Olivia Perez, an undocumented student who claims she was forced to fill out false paperwork in order to stay in the United States, says, “Latinos need to fight back. We need to march. We need to scream. If necessary, we need to riot. We need to do everything Blacks did to get their civil rights!”

http://www.examiner.com/civil-rights-in ... the-senate

I say bring it on.

Locked and loaded.

19 Dec 2010 11:56 #10 by walktrot

SS109 wrote: You don't think young, black, males are more likely to become gang members? If small business is going to save this current economy, to me it seems like Hipsanics and other immigrants are more likley to start their own businesses than native-born Americans.

Of course, try being white and a natural citizen to get financial assistance to start a business.
Illegals start up businesses without following the process they are suppose to. They don't pay taxes and move their store front to another location when someone gets suspicious.
So much goes on ,you would be shocked and would understand why the illegals are causing us economic problems, among other problems.

You may want to check in with LAPD about Black versus Hispanic gang populations.

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds