Republicans block path to citizenship for young illegals

20 Dec 2010 10:04 #41 by archer
I just love the "they need to go home" argument, for many,this is the only home they have ever known.

This isn't an all or nothing argument, The Dream Act was designed for a very specific group of illegals, and the path to citizenship within it is neither easy nor is it short. I would rather have those illegals who are capable and willing start contributing to the nation they call home than being a drain on our society. If I thought we had any way to afford to identify all illegals and ship them all home I would feel differently, but we don't. It is just that simple, these illegals will be with us for generations, even after, if, we close the borders. We might as well have them pay for the priviledge.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Dec 2010 10:06 #42 by outdoor338
We cannot reward people for being here illegally, go back home and get in line..we can't afford to educate, house, give food and medical to them. There is no more money to do so. We need to take care of our own.

20 Dec 2010 10:07 #43 by Travelingirl

archer wrote:

travelingirl wrote:
I have documented many times that very few illegal mexicans and I mean very few have any drive or ambition for higher education. Just last week I posted a news article where the illegal mexicans are saying their "right to defend our nation" is in their view a defacto draft and they completely oppose it. The majority are not interested in earning their way here...they think its some kind of right or entitlement. Since when are liberals or conservatives responsible for the sins of their parents? They knew they were taking a risk when they brought their kids over here. I guess THEY have some splainin' to do.

if you are right (I'm not convinced you are) then why the outrage over a "very few" illegals getting citizenship when they become an asset to our nation rather than a liability?

"Uneducated immigrants, regardless of heritage or ethnicity, who have little interest in education, generally end up with poorly educated children. While the averages are already bad, the education gap between Mexican and non-Mexican natives is far larger than the simple averages would indicate." http://www.usillegalaliens.com/impacts_ ... ation.html

We, the VAMOS UNIDOS YOUTH, do not support the DREAM ACT due to the military component. The fact that it has been introduced as a defense appropriation bill adds insult to injury. The DREAM ACT is a de facto military draft, forcing undocumented youth to fight in unjust wars in exchange for the recognition as human beings, a Green Card. This is a trick by the politicians, Democratic Party, and DC immigration advocates. The same way many supposed “advocates” for immigrant rights sold out the community with Comprehensive Immigration Reform (CIR), they now sell us out with the DREAM ACT. We stand against any militarization- whether it is of the border, our communities, or our status. We will not kill innocent people in exchange for Green Cards.
http://warresisters.wordpress.com/2010/ ... ary-draft/

My question is who will police the illegals that DON'T go to school OR sign up for the military? The public schools sure won't! I don't think they'll be calling ICE everytime an illegal student drops out. I think it's just a ruse. It's just one step closer to amnesty without strings attached. I don't have a problem with the "very few" who get their education as long as I don't have to subsidize it AND they pay what American students pay - no favortism!! And I don't have a problem with the "very few" that might sign up and serve. Finally, I'll consider this ONLY AFTER the borders are closed!

If you need further evidence google "impact of illegal immigration on education" and "defacto draft".

20 Dec 2010 10:14 #44 by BearMtnHIB

And what would you do about the financial crisis that absolutely follow when millions of people walk away from mortgages to get on the bus... Since the mortgage crisis is already responsible for a good part of the meltdown, what would the effect be on all of those mortgages which are currently in good-standing and NOT delinquent, when the mortgage-holder is thrown out?) I'm sure I can think of at least another 20-30 scenarios where the financial impact will push us into a depression. I'm sure you have a spin, spin, spin for all them, but when you stop talking in teabagger talking-points, it would be interesting to see if you have any intelligent thoughts on the subject.

So your argument here is that we should not enforce the laws of this country because it might have a negative effect on home prices? We should not enforce the laws because someone is too young? THAT dog won't hunt.

It may be the only home some of them know - but they broke into that home - against the laws. Your liberal argument ignores this fact. And by the way- I don't care if every one of them are going to become doctors and nurses and actually contribute in the most nobel professions - go back home and apply to come here LEGALLY!

I don't care if every one of them are angels - (well they are not angels are they - they violated our laws just getting here).

If they have such good intentions, do it legally - and don't expect that you are entitled to be an American just because you broke into the country illegally.

20 Dec 2010 11:02 #45 by FredHayek

LadyJazzer wrote: In the abstract, I agree with you. But the REALITY is that there are an estimated 12 million of them already here. You can't round up 12 million people and deport them. It's not practical; it's cost-prohibitive. I think people are looking for a practical way out. I am TOTALLY against the idea of another AMNESTY... NO, and HELL NO. but they've got to find something that's practical, and not just another anti-ILLEGAL-immigrant talking-point.

I don't believe you have to arrest all of them or even a million, but if you did build prison camps and started detaining some illegals for six months at a time before deporting them, many would start heading home rather than face 6 months w/o wages.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

20 Dec 2010 11:04 #46 by outdoor338

20 Dec 2010 11:16 #47 by archer

BearMtnHIB wrote:

And what would you do about the financial crisis that absolutely follow when millions of people walk away from mortgages to get on the bus... Since the mortgage crisis is already responsible for a good part of the meltdown, what would the effect be on all of those mortgages which are currently in good-standing and NOT delinquent, when the mortgage-holder is thrown out?) I'm sure I can think of at least another 20-30 scenarios where the financial impact will push us into a depression. I'm sure you have a spin, spin, spin for all them, but when you stop talking in teabagger talking-points, it would be interesting to see if you have any intelligent thoughts on the subject.

So your argument here is that we should not enforce the laws of this country because it might have a negative effect on home prices? We should not enforce the laws because someone is too young? THAT dog won't hunt.

It may be the only home some of them know - but they broke into that home - against the laws. Your liberal argument ignores this fact. And by the way- I don't care if every one of them are going to become doctors and nurses and actually contribute in the most nobel professions - go back home and apply to come here LEGALLY!

I don't care if every one of them are angels - (well they are not angels are they - they violated our laws just getting here).

If they have such good intentions, do it legally - and don't expect that you are entitled to be an American just because you broke into the country illegally.

The falacy in your argument is that we are not talking about those who knowingly broke our laws.....we are talking about the children who were brought along and, through no fault of their own, now find themselves as illegal aliens in a country that IS the only home they know. They did nothing wrong except be born to parents who decided to come here and give them a better life.

Talk about visiting the sins of the father unto the children......I guess I am surprised that out of the same people who champion the life of an unborn child comes the desire to punish a child because of his parents actions.

20 Dec 2010 11:50 #48 by outdoor338
we don't think like a liberal archer, why is that so hard to undestand. I have asked you several times, do you think we can afford to continue to take care of illegals, when we can't take care of our own people? What I don't understand is knowing we are broke, why you continue to want to take care of those people who are breaking the backs of everyday Americans. Were broke archer, broke! Do you run your household the way liberals are spending money we don't have?

20 Dec 2010 12:12 #49 by Grady

archer wrote:

BearMtnHIB wrote:

The falacy in your argument is that we are not talking about those who knowingly broke our laws.....we are talking about the children who were brought along and, through no fault of their own, now find themselves as illegal aliens in a country that IS the only home they know. They did nothing wrong except be born to parents who decided to come here and give them a better life.

Talk about visiting the sins of the father unto the children......I guess I am surprised that out of the same people who champion the life of an unborn child comes the desire to punish a child because of his parents actions.

They are not being punished by not granting them cuts to the front of the line.

20 Dec 2010 12:21 #50 by Tiny Bubbles
My last boyfriend was from Mexico and I tried to get him to go to school but he would rather hang out with his friends who I think were in a gang. He told me he wasnt. The plant he worked at was raided i guess and I have not seen him since. He came here with his folks and I think they had to go back home too.

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds