Republicans block path to citizenship for young illegals

20 Dec 2010 13:09 #51 by archer

outdoor338 wrote: we don't think like a liberal archer, why is that so hard to undestand. I have asked you several times, do you think we can afford to continue to take care of illegals, when we can't take care of our own people? What I don't understand is knowing we are broke, why you continue to want to take care of those people who are breaking the backs of everyday Americans. Were broke archer, broke! Do you run your household the way liberals are spending money we don't have?

We don't think like a conservative outdoor338, why is that so hard to understand? And I have asked the conservatives many times, do you think we can afford to identify, detain, try, and deport all the illegals? What I don't understand is, knowing we are broke, how you think we can deport all these illegals when we don't have the means to do it? Reality outdoor, that is the difference between you and I.....I see the reality of the situation and looks for ways to deal with it.....just like I run my household.....I know there sre some things I can never afford, so I don't spend my days wishing for them. I instead look for a practical alternative that I am better able to afford.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Dec 2010 13:16 #52 by outdoor338
So, you see the need to start deporting them, good we agree on something...out they go..

20 Dec 2010 13:20 #53 by PrintSmith

archer wrote: Reality is what liberals understand and conservatives choose to ignore. You will never send them all back. Thhe best we can realistically expect is to finally close the border, then come up with a plan to deal with those already here. I don't think this nation has the stomach for abusing the children who are here through no fault of their own, nor do we have the funds to find, jail, try and deport the thousands that are already here.

I agree that for many of them it is the only home they have known. I agree that their illegal status comes through no fault of their own. And I even agree that they should be allowed through military service to obtain their citizenship - which, believe it or not, is already being done. A number of citizens, past and present, have earned their citizenship through military service, I remember there was one who earned the Congressional Medal of Honor in Korea under such circumstances. That ability already exists as a pathway if they desire to take it. The Dream Act isn't about citizenship for military service. It is about backdoor citizenship for the parents who brought their children here illegally along with themselves.

Not for college education though. And certainly the publicly supported institutions of higher learning should not be extending to them the same rates as those that the citizens of that state pay when the citizens of another state have to pay a higher tuition to attend. If they wish to attend college as a foreign exchange student, I'm good with that. Let's educate them in republican principles of government and let them return to the nation they are a citizen of to reform that nation. We would have a far smaller problem with illegal immigration from Mexico, Panama, Belize, Costa Rica, Columbia and the other Central American nations if their own governments were less corrupt and more republican in nature. The fewer dictatorships and corrupt governments there are, the less of a problem we will have with illegal immigration in the future.

If the legislation limited the citizenship to those under age 21 and excluded any possibility of their parents, grandparents or other family members from being able to be sponsored for citizenship by them, there might be more support for the concept, but what the Nightmare Act is really all about is finding a back door to allow all 12 to 20 million of those currently residing here in violation of our sovereignty and our laws a means to become citizens as well.

The first item on the agenda must be to stop the influx of those who are coming here illegally. When that issue is resolved we can then decide how to approach the problem that exists because we didn't first attend to stopping new illegals from arriving when the last amnesty was declared. The last amnesty compromise was accepted because it was promised that the problem of how they got here initially would be dealt with, and it hasn't been dealt with, otherwise we would not be having to figure out what to do with 12 - 20 million more a score of years later. Fulfill the original promise to prevent more from arriving and we can talk about what to do with those that are here. Otherwise we'll be talking about what are we going to do with the 50 million illegal aliens that are here 20 years from now after having granted amnesty to the 12-20 million of the ones we had in 2010.

The Dream Act is, and should be, DOA. The one thing that an illegal alien should not ever have a hope of receiving by coming here and bringing along their family is citizenship for their children or themselves. We should not only fail to consider such legislative acts, we should be talking about amending the Constitution to remove any possibility that the child of an illegal alien can acquire citizenship here by having their children born here. Natural born citizenship in this nation should properly be reserved to the children of citizens and only to the children of citizens. The ability to have a child become a citizen of this nation by violating the sovereignty of this nation to give birth to the child on our soil is one of the incentives that must be done away with immediately.

20 Dec 2010 13:22 #54 by outdoor338

20 Dec 2010 13:25 #55 by LadyJazzer
Christ, some of you people would pee on a widow woman’s firewood.

No wonder I'm an atheist... What passes for christians, at least on this forum, is revolting beyond belief.

20 Dec 2010 13:51 #56 by BearMtnHIB

Christ, some of you people would pee on a widow woman’s firewood.
No wonder I'm an atheist... What passes for christians, at least on this forum, is revolting beyond belief

I'd be willing to trade LJ's citizenship for one Illegal alien's citizenship.

Merry Christmas LJ!

20 Dec 2010 14:39 #57 by archer

outdoor338 wrote: So, you see the need to start deporting them, good we agree on something...out they go..

Sure, I agree that those who came here illegally should be sent back to their home country.....now tell me, how would we do that?......and where is the money going to come from? You think we have a high deficit now, once you implement a program that will cost billions, plus remove all the renters, home owners, cheap labor, and housekeepers of the wealthy, the deficit and crappy economy we have now will look puny in comparison. Like it or not, it probably ain't going to happen.

20 Dec 2010 14:57 #58 by Wayne Harrison
In addition.. unless the employer knows they are illegal and pays them under the table, they usually use a fake ID with a fake Social Security number (or someone else's SS number).

So the money that is taken out of their paycheck to pay state and federal taxes, and for Social Security is probably never claimed by most of them them (some are dumb enough to try anclaim a refund on a fake SS number!)

So most of that money stays in the government coffer. It is never refunded. It would be going away, too.

I don't think there's a "right" solution to this problem. I'm not aware of any other country that allows illegals to gain citizenship this way.

20 Dec 2010 15:08 #59 by Pony Soldier
Darn!!!! I missed the clan meetin'

20 Dec 2010 15:10 #60 by LadyJazzer

towermonkey wrote: Darn!!!! I missed the clan meetin'

Yeah, I should open up a cleaning service up here that specializes in "white robes...no starch." I'd be rich.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds