Republicans block path to citizenship for young illegals

19 Dec 2010 22:55 #31 by Travelingirl

archer wrote: Apparently the conservatives care only about the innocent unborn, not those innocent children who find themselves in the US through no fault of their own, the US is the only life many of them have known, but our compassionate conservatives would deny then the right to defend the nation they love, or use academic achievement to gain citizenship in the only home they have had. yep.....gotta love the compassion from the right.

It might be an illegal fighting for this nations freedoms, but conservatives are not about to share that freedom with those who would defend it for them.

I have documented many times that very few illegal mexicans and I mean very few have any drive or ambition for higher education. Just last week I posted a news article where the illegal mexicans are saying their "right to defend our nation" is in their view a defacto draft and they completely oppose it. The majority are not interested in earning their way here...they think its some kind of right or entitlement. Since when are liberals or conservatives responsible for the sins of their parents? They knew they were taking a risk when they brought their kids over here. I guess THEY have some splainin' to do.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Dec 2010 23:19 #32 by Blazer Bob

archer wrote: [That sure isn't what I read in their posts. I really don't think conservatives ever will compromise. It may well lead to losses in 2012.

That is not what I said. What ever Grady and Nym's positions are after the borders are secured, they do not represent the sum total of right wing thought.
In my opinion the right will cut a deal after the borders are closed. I think after 2012 the pressure will be sufficient to close the borders after decades of inaction by both parties. It appears to me that your views are distorted by your inability to absorb anything but warped left wing hate sites that paint the right with the same broad brush you frequently apply here (see underlined).
Re 1012, I think the progressives will be relegated to the dust heaps of history for a generation because they can not handle the truth. I heard Thom Hartman say that the election of 92 was a rejection of the left and the election of 08 was a rejection of the right but that the election of '10 was a result of the secret foreign $ funneled by the chamber to commerce. LOL.
Archer, I have enjoyed the discussion. I will be going to the hospital for a tune up, so If I do not respond for a while please keep the crikets in your pocket.
Besides it is about time for the trolls to hijack the thread.

20 Dec 2010 09:08 #33 by FredHayek

travelingirl wrote:

archer wrote: Apparently the conservatives care only about the innocent unborn, not those innocent children who find themselves in the US through no fault of their own, the US is the only life many of them have known, but our compassionate conservatives would deny then the right to defend the nation they love, or use academic achievement to gain citizenship in the only home they have had. yep.....gotta love the compassion from the right.

It might be an illegal fighting for this nations freedoms, but conservatives are not about to share that freedom with those who would defend it for them.

Interesting point about education, there are a certain small percentage of Latino families who prize education and work very hard, but I think the majority consider other things more important like family and working for their family so I wouldn't think that many Mexican born children will be forcing out American kids for university placements.

I have documented many times that very few illegal mexicans and I mean very few have any drive or ambition for higher education. Just last week I posted a news article where the illegal mexicans are saying their "right to defend our nation" is in their view a defacto draft and they completely oppose it. The majority are not interested in earning their way here...they think its some kind of right or entitlement. Since when are liberals or conservatives responsible for the sins of their parents? They knew they were taking a risk when they brought their kids over here. I guess THEY have some splainin' to do.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

20 Dec 2010 09:22 #34 by Grady
Yes there is room for compromise once the borders are secure, and I don’t just mean the physical line between the US and Mexico or Canada. It’s something like 40% of illegals didn’t walk, swim, crawl, or drive across an unsecured border crossing. They came in with a legal reason to be here, then simply overstayed their visas. So securing the border means addressing that population as well.
Bottom line, I don’t believe that any illegals already present in our country should be given preference over any other persons who are legally following the rules trying to come here and become productive citizens. Anything else is rewarding illegal activities.

20 Dec 2010 09:29 #35 by LadyJazzer
In the abstract, I agree with you. But the REALITY is that there are an estimated 12 million of them already here. You can't round up 12 million people and deport them. It's not practical; it's cost-prohibitive. I think people are looking for a practical way out. I am TOTALLY against the idea of another AMNESTY... NO, and HELL NO. but they've got to find something that's practical, and not just another anti-ILLEGAL-immigrant talking-point.

20 Dec 2010 09:44 #36 by archer

travelingirl wrote:

if you are right (I'm not convinced you are) then why the outrage over a "very few" illegals getting citizenship when they become an asset to our nation rather than a liability?

20 Dec 2010 09:50 #37 by outdoor338
We can't afford it Archer, you still don't get it. I don't want to pay, as most people don't. Would you go buy a car when you have no money in your account? Of course you wouldn't, you don't run your household finances that way, so why should the American people?

20 Dec 2010 09:54 #38 by BearMtnHIB
Is it OK for a 14 year old kid to stick a gun in your face and rob you? Would it be ok at 12 years old - or 8 years old.

A criminal is a criminal. If they were born in another country and the next day they illegally entered the country- I don't care how old you are - you have still violated the sovereignty of this country - you are in violation of the laws and you should be deported.

This is getting off easy - compared with what happens when you break the immigration laws of a country like Mexico or Honduras for instance. Your going to do jail time for being in those countries illegally. In Mexico - you'll be lucky if you don't get beat up pretty bad - and if your female - you are likely to get raped.

This happens every day to central americans who enter Mexico illegally on their way to America - illegally.

We simply can not make an exception for criminals because of their age - yea it may have been the parents who brought them here - but they are still here illegally and they need to go home.

There is a process available to come into this country lawfully. My mother came here legally - she had to wait almost 5 years - but she did it the right way. I can't give anyone a break just because they managed to break the laws.

We can deport 12 million illegals - and by the way I think the nimber is more like 30 million. One at a time - they should all be deported - as soon as we discover they are here illegally - they should be on a bus out the country. It does not matter how long they have been here - it only takes one day to get them out of here.

I would support a worker program and would expand legal immigration - just as soon as we get the 30 million law breaking criminals out of here first.

20 Dec 2010 09:56 #39 by outdoor338

20 Dec 2010 09:59 #40 by LadyJazzer
Wow... It's a good thing that all 14-year-old Hispanics don't run around sticking guns in people's faces. Some of them get college degrees; some of them join the military and serve; one of them might invent the cure for cancer...

Nice try at hysteria, but that dog won't hunt.

(And what would you do about the financial crisis that absolutely follow when millions of people walk away from mortgages to get on the bus... Since the mortgage crisis is already responsible for a good part of the meltdown, what would the effect be on all of those mortgages which are currently in good-standing and NOT delinquent, when the mortgage-holder is thrown out?) I'm sure I can think of at least another 20-30 scenarios where the financial impact will push us into a depression. I'm sure you have a spin, spin, spin for all them, but when you stop talking in teabagger talking-points, it would be interesting to see if you have any intelligent thoughts on the subject.

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds