Do you Think Teachers Unions should be disbanded?

19 Feb 2011 17:51 #101 by The Viking

archer wrote: Waste of time for me to try and counter the hate I read from the conservatives on this topic.....like the governor of Wisconsin, you see a chance to punish the teachers for being liberals.....for voting democratic....and for having the audacity to join a union, and you are going to do everything you can to make those evil teachers pay....

have at it, 2 years from now we will all see how this scorched earth approach by Republicans works out when Americans go back to the voting booth.

HATE??? You liberals hate the kids!!! Conservatives are the only ones fighting for the kids here because we love them! THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW THEY VOTED!! It has been something the majority of Americans have wanted for years and years if not decades!! And we want to take care of the good teachers! And we want more of them!!! We just want teachers to have the same consequesnses that ALL other professions have. If they underperform or don't care, or skip out on work by lying for selfish reasons, they should be able to be fired just like any of us would be in any other profession. So you can spin your hate back at those protestors.

And yes we will see in 2 years. The vast majority back this Governor! Obama and the libs keep piling up rocks over their heads for a major landslide again in 2012.

And how can you call the ones hateful who are fighting for our kids best interest? That is mainstream media talk!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Feb 2011 17:59 #102 by archer
nice little tantrum viking, I don't believe a word of it. you have shown by your posts that it isn't the kids you care about it's getting back at those evil union members. Same as it isn't this nation the conservatives care about, it's getting revenge on Obama for having the audacity to get elected president. Yours is the party of hate and retribution, you all disgust me.

19 Feb 2011 18:01 #103 by major bean

archer wrote: Why do Republicans want to take away other's rights? I don't happen to be a big fan of unions, but I certainly believe that any group of employees has the right to form or join a union if they want to......teachers.....police.....firefighters.....emts....etc all vote on whether to be represented by a union.....now one political party wants to tell them they no longer have that right? typical I guess for a party that is trying to run everyone elses life according to their beliefs, not the people's involved.

archer, a teacher can join any union that he/she likes. YOU can join any union that you wish. We ALL can join a union. It is every American's right to join a union.
But the government (the people) does not have to bargain with the teachers as a union. The government (the people) does not have to recognize the union as the bargaining entity. Ignoring the union is the people's right.
No one's rights have been denied. No hate involved. No one villainized.

Regards,
Major Bean

19 Feb 2011 18:04 #104 by daisypusher
I like the revenge accusation. It has been tiring always hearing about conservative hatred of this and that. Mixing it up with revenge is much more interesting. Let's hope the national media picks up on this twist.

19 Feb 2011 18:11 #105 by major bean
It is also interesting that the teachers have had control over the hearts and minds of every child in the U.S. They have indoctrinated them for several generations.
And now look and see that their underlings (now adults) have turned upon them saying that the teachers are not worth the salaries that they are being paid. And now the teachers are still trying to pass off their selling points to the same pupils who say that the teachers are not worth their pay. Ahh, Grasshopper, interesting, that!

Regards,
Major Bean

19 Feb 2011 18:35 #106 by The Viking

archer wrote: nice little tantrum viking, I don't believe a word of it. you have shown by your posts that it isn't the kids you care about it's getting back at those evil union members. Same as it isn't this nation the conservatives care about, it's getting revenge on Obama for having the audacity to get elected president. Yours is the party of hate and retribution, you all disgust me.

OK choose right now. Put the kids first and change our current education system and the broken teachers union that protects poor teachers as our education tests go lower and lower and are ranked below 20th in the free world even though we spend more per student than any other nation? Or back the unions and the current way things are run which is realy hurting our childrens education. Those are your choices and you can't have both. It hasn't worked for decades! So let's hear who you really care about the most.

I don't really expect an answer from you. You will throw something back at me or personal insults or some sort of deflection. We have come to expect it. I am not afraid to answer. I choose the kids!

19 Feb 2011 18:51 #107 by archer
Viking, I hate to break this to you, but the teachers union is not the cause of a bad educational system in this country....nope, and if you break this union, nothing will change.....nothing. But the governor of Wisconsin will have gotten his revenge on the teachers, and life will go on, and teachers will pay the price....but educational standards will not change because the fundamental flaws in our system haven't changed. We will just have a cheaper system, not a better system. It's OK, I'm well aware that you, like the governor of Wisconsin and the legislature of many states, and the conservatives in general think that if they can just make those pesky liberals go away, if they can just get unions out of this country, if they can just get more power, well then little Johnny will finally be able to read.

What a pollyanna world it is

enjoy.

19 Feb 2011 19:28 #108 by Nmysys
And Archer I hate to break it to you but you Liberals are a minority again yet you think the minority is going to continue telling the nation what is right and what is wrong, based on your warped value system. We shall see in 2012 if we still have a Nation at that time, how the majority of people feel, just like thye did last November, lest you forget!!!

Spin it again Skippy!!

19 Feb 2011 19:40 #109 by major bean
Teachers are responsible for teaching the children and they have failed. Why should we now listen to the teachers?

Regards,
Major Bean

19 Feb 2011 20:12 #110 by archer

Nmysys wrote: And Archer I hate to break it to you but you Liberals are a minority again yet you think the minority is going to continue telling the nation what is right and what is wrong, based on your warped value system. We shall see in 2012 if we still have a Nation at that time, how the majority of people feel, just like thye did last November, lest you forget!!!

Spin it again Skippy!!

The "minority" still has the White House and the Senate.....so climb on down from your high horse and learn to deal with reality.

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds