Do you Think Teachers Unions should be disbanded?

19 Feb 2011 14:31 #81 by outdoor338
TM, I agree with you, way to many democrats and republicans having lifetime positions..that's wrong, they get out of touch with the people pretty quickly..2 terms max, and that's it! JMTCW

Archer same holds true with democrats..right?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Feb 2011 14:33 #82 by mudguppy

archer wrote: Why do Republicans want to take away other's rights? I don't happen to be a big fan of unions, but I certainly believe that any group of employees has the right to form or join a union if they want to......teachers.....police.....firefighters.....emts....etc all vote on whether to be represented by a union.....now one political party wants to tell them they no longer have that right? typical I guess for a party that is trying to run everyone elses life according to their beliefs, not the people's involved.

Whose party are you talking about? check this out:

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/201 ... follo.html

The primary reason the White House and the Democrats are fighting the movement to end collective bargaining is that dues will no longer be mandatory for teachers in the unions once they can no longer bargain. Therefore there will no massive slush fund for the Democrats. In 2010 the following for the two major teachers unions in the U.S. were massive moneybags for the left.

The National Education Association

Gross receipts: $337 Million (88% Dues)

Political Contributions and Lobbying $50.4 Million (99% to Democrats)

Contributions, gifts and grants $89.0 Million (100% Liberal Organization)

American Federation of Teachers

Gross receipts $225 Million (90% Dues)

Political Contributions and Lobbying $18.8 Million (99% to Democrats)

Contributions, gifts and grants $3.6 Million (100% Liberal Organizations)

Total political contributions and Lobbying: $ 69.2 Million

Contribution to Liberal causes $92.6 Million

Source: http://www.teachersunionsexposed.com/unions.cfm

What is not tabulated is the value of the organizing, get out the vote and polling activity of the so-called voluntary union members which in terms of value may well exceed another $150 million.
This is just the Teachers Unions, AFSCME, the largest public sector union, in the 2010 election cycle spent $88 million on political contributions and untold millions in the value of it's members political activities.

The Democrats cannot afford to lose this base and this will be an all out war.

19 Feb 2011 14:37 #83 by archer
not an unbiased source in that whole list......when will you righties learn that someones opinion is NOT a fact, it's just an opinion.

Curious, why is it ok for a corporation to pour millions into a campaign but not ok for a union to do it?

19 Feb 2011 14:40 #84 by outdoor338
Because most people in unions don't want their dues going to fund the DNC, corps for the most part are privately owned. Maybe GS can help you..I hope he funds, PBS, PP, NPR, they are pretty much liberal anyway!

19 Feb 2011 14:57 #85 by archer

outdoor338 wrote: Because most people in unions don't want their dues going to fund the DNC, !

got a source for that?

19 Feb 2011 15:00 #86 by outdoor338
sure do, but do your own homework archer, I have done that for you plenty of times..you don't appreciate it whatsoever, you just bash the sources..today, I am not letting you get off, by being lazy..

19 Feb 2011 15:12 #87 by archer
why outdoor.....you cut me to the quick! I actually did do a google search and couldn't find anything but some rightwing blogs that even hinted at that.....so I'll take your snarky comment to mean, no....you don't have a source for that statement other than the usual right wing drivel..
Or you just made it up......pick one.

19 Feb 2011 16:11 #88 by The Viking
I think this poll is a pretty accurate representation of how American feels about this issue. 70% feel Teachers Unions not only hinder but hurt our childrens education and want them disbanded. And a small minority believe otherwise and most of them have union ties I am sure. But as usual the minority always screams the loudest and wants the majority to change their minds. Not for the good og the children, but for the good of the unions and teachers who fear losing their job because they have not been trying and have a very poor track record. With tens of thousands of eager teachers out there who really love kids and want a chance to teach.

19 Feb 2011 16:16 #89 by archer
Where are these tens of thousands of eager teachers out there who really love kids and want a chance to teach? Why they are protesting in Wisconsin!!!!!!!

19 Feb 2011 16:22 #90 by The Viking

archer wrote: Where are these tens of thousands of eager teachers out there who really love kids and want a chance to teach? Why they are protesting in Wisconsin!!!!!!!

They had a chance to teach. They would rather protest. Fire their asses and hire people who care more about the kids. They had a story on the news about it recently how there are so many people who have graduated who want to be teachers but find it tough to find a job.

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds