Do you Think Teachers Unions should be disbanded?

18 Feb 2011 12:36 #1 by Bailey Patriots
Obama Behind Wisconsin Hysteria!
As you may have heard, thousands of union workers have stormed the State Capitol in Wisconsin, and are attempting to bully lawmakers into siding with public employee unions just as Wisconsin's Governor, Scott Walker, is attempting to instill some fiscal responsibility to that state's budget.
Politico has broken the news this morning that Obama's campaign arm "Organizing for America" is responsible for most of the chaos, and has been filling bus after bus with protestors and shuttled them to the State Capitol. This was not a spontaneous uprising - this was an organized effort by Barack Obama to further his radical, leftist agenda.

Obama's "Organizing for America" has been promoting the effort to instill chaos in Wisconsin, using email lists, Twitter, and Facebook urging liberals in the state to bully lawmakers into siding against Governor Walker. They sent out 54 messages on Twitter alone!
This is one more reminder why it is that we must Defeat Barack Obama once and for all. Friends, we have to fight back if we're going to save our great nation.

The confrontation comes as organized labor is reeling from a steady loss of members in the private sector. The public sector, with about 7.6 million members, now account for the majority of workers on union rolls, according to the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Among union leaders, a sense of crisis is growing. Labor is preparing to spend at least $30 million to fight anti-union legislation in dozens of states, according to internal budget numbers reviewed by The Associated Press. They're lobbying local officials, organizing public rallies, working phone banks and buying television and newspaper ads in a desperate attempt to swing public opinion.

Is this "MOB" who you thought your teachers were?

Has there ever been a more obvious reason to ABOLISH the Teachers Unions?

We MUST give parents VOUCHERS in order to give them the FREEDOM to send their kids where they want!

And STOP supporting Teachers unions!

NOW IS THE TIME!

THIS IS THE PLACE!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Feb 2011 12:45 #2 by Grady

18 Feb 2011 13:04 #3 by LadyJazzer
* Absolutely NOT...I'm NOT a teacher and it has nothing to do with "my" benefits.

I didn't see that choice, so I didn't vote.

18 Feb 2011 13:21 #4 by BearMtnHIB
Gut um like fish.

These unions have festered for way too long. They are the main reason why parents are unable to affect change in the school systems. Getting a bad teacher removed is almost impossible.

After we get rid of the unions - the administration and the parents will be able to remove and fire bad teachers- and replace them with good ones.

The teacher's union has opposed the voucher system every step of the way. This system would give parents the power to move their tax dollars to the schools that work well, and defund the bad schools.

I'm for giving the parents and the taxpayers the power - to hell with the teachers unions.

Wisconsin will get their vote - I hear they have enough votes without a single democrat vote - but they need a few democrats for a quorum. Funny how the democrats are running away from their responsibility as lawmakers.

Destroy the teachers unions- first in Wisconsin, next in the rest of the states.

The weaker the unions are - the stronger the taxpayer and parents become. The time has come to act.

This should be about kids education - not teacher benefits.

18 Feb 2011 13:31 #5 by The Viking

LadyJazzer wrote: * Absolutely NOT...I'm NOT a teacher and it has nothing to do with "my" benefits.

I didn't see that choice, so I didn't vote.

Oooooo...... you showed us! rofllol :rofl Hang onto that pride and bitterness. It will get you far!! rofllol :rofl

18 Feb 2011 13:32 #6 by Grady
I really do not see the need for a teacher's union. How does the presence of a teacher's union enhance the education of our children? Does the union make sure only the best and brightest are hired? Does the union assist in teacher evaluations and continuing education? Does the union support increased pay or bonuses for the best teachers? Does the union help the districts terminate crappy teachers?
The kids, the taxpayers, and the school district are of no concern to the union. The job of the union is to make sure it’s members uniformly get as much as possible in the way of wages and benefits, and that its members are protected regardless of their performance.

18 Feb 2011 13:40 #7 by archer
Why do Republicans want to take away other's rights? I don't happen to be a big fan of unions, but I certainly believe that any group of employees has the right to form or join a union if they want to......teachers.....police.....firefighters.....emts....etc all vote on whether to be represented by a union.....now one political party wants to tell them they no longer have that right? typical I guess for a party that is trying to run everyone elses life according to their beliefs, not the people's involved.

18 Feb 2011 13:51 #8 by BearMtnHIB
What about the rights of parents to get a decent education for their kids - with THEIR tax dollars - without the teacher's union getting in the way every chance they get?

What about the right of a school principal to fire a lousy teacher? What about the lousy job the schools are doing?

My boss can fire me for any reason- any reason.

Taxpayers and parents should have the same rights.

What about those rights? I know - you don't care, but I do.

18 Feb 2011 13:53 #9 by archer
taxpayers and parents don't fire teachers, the school district does.

18 Feb 2011 14:01 #10 by archer
Oh....and yes I care about the education our children get......I sent my kid to an alternative public school because I did not care for the local schools.....that is my right.......but it is not my right to take away teachers rights just because I, as taxpayer and parent don't like some teachers.....or don't like unions....or whatever the excuse de'jour is. When we start putting some people's rights above others, that is the beginning of the end for our country

Time to create page: 0.270 seconds