"Wilygate" - the saga of Wily Fox and Pinecam Moderation

08 Jun 2011 20:11 #11 by otisptoadwater
Wily, you are the very last person I expected to report banishment from PC... I have to tell you that my own observations from your posts on PC that I find you to be one of the most kind, considerate, and helpful users I knew from PC.

IMHO, it's their loss and it's unfortunate for people who are not aware of alternate sites for people living in the area. I'm going to predict that PC will eventually whittle itself down to a few users through heavy handed moderation, they will gain a few new users in the short term but who wants to cower under that kind of censorship just to have an account on PC?!

I'm glad you are here now and I look forward to your contributions to the greater good of this site and everyone who asks for your help and advice!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jun 2011 20:33 #12 by jf1acai
Welcome to the better alternative, Wily! :biggrin:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

08 Jun 2011 20:45 #13 by Local_Historian
I reiterate what Otis said - I'm baffled.

08 Jun 2011 20:49 #14 by jf1acai
I've been bewitched, bothered, and bewildered before, but I need to add baffled to the batch :wink:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

08 Jun 2011 20:53 #15 by Sunshine Girl
I am sorry to hear that they treated another long-term and loyal poster in such a sh*tty way. It does baffle the mind, but it only makes 285Bound stronger and stronger. Welcome to the banned club Angela. They lost a wonderful person today. :heart:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

08 Jun 2011 20:55 #16 by pineinthegrass
That's really sad to hear. Especially for someone that had so many posts and had been accepted over there.

Why do they keep banning people for life for such minor incidents? If they are offended, why not moderate the posts for awhile or a suspension at least? Banning someone for so little is just being mean. And it's not like they have an endless list of people to ban. I'm a mod at a message board and we agonize over it before we ban anyone. They always get a warning, then moderated posts, then multiple suspensions before they are banned.

Well, a least it helps 285bound. But geeze...

08 Jun 2011 20:58 #17 by Sunshine Girl
Their story/explanation/lie will be that THEY DIDN'T ban you. They will say that they just "deactivated" your account per YOUR REQUEST. Any bets?

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

08 Jun 2011 21:30 #18 by Hoot Owl
They banned me and I hadn't even posted for quite some time. All of a sudden my homepage(PC) was gone. It defaulted to the DELL homepage. That was weird.
They are so proud of how many members they have. 15537, if they subtracted everyone they have banned (I am in the top ten)and then there everyone that has never posted BUT MERELY WANT TO SEE THE LINKS They would probably have 5537 members. Someone who isnt banned should look at the top ten posters. how many of those members still post?
Oh well,
The kingdom of Pinecam seems to be meeting its Rubicon

08 Jun 2011 23:49 #19 by CC
Bummmmerrrr.

You are in outstanding company though. We are all very lucky to have you here.
Welcome to the group w bench......Here's a pencil to play with :)

Seriously Wily Fox........you are way to smart to be playing over there with those boneheads.

Unfrickenbelievable.

09 Jun 2011 04:00 #20 by Rockdoc
Thinking about this new development makes me realize how wonderful it is to have alternatives to PC. Time not that long ago and PC was the only game in town and getting banned effectively ostracized the individual from the 285 corridor community. Not so any more, and that makes the whole issue a joke. I find it hard to relate to the attitude and thinking ongoing at PC. As the contributing membership shrinks, PC gains more and more uniformity, a condition they perhaps feel represents family or a corporate leadership that prefers to surround itself with yes men. Their myopic view fails to see they no longer evolve, are rapidly becoming dinosaurs and destined to extinction or at the very best, a footnote to what PC once represented, an important part of the mountain community.

PC now is an excellent example of a corporation whose visionless board brings it to ruin.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds