"Wilygate" - the saga of Wily Fox and Pinecam Moderation

09 Jun 2011 15:24 #41 by ScienceChic
What thread? :Censored :wink:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jun 2011 15:25 #42 by bailey bud
(obligatory comment so it's not a mere link)

[youtube:2srk8552]
[/youtube:2srk8552]

09 Jun 2011 15:31 #43 by JMC

bailey bud wrote: (obligatory comment so it's not a mere link)

[youtube:3gl457hp]

[/youtube:3gl457hp]

You captured the moment!

09 Jun 2011 15:33 #44 by jf1acai

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

09 Jun 2011 15:36 #45 by JMC
They deleted the thread instead of just locking it. LOL

09 Jun 2011 15:37 #46 by Martin Ent Inc
Their own little Pine Gate

09 Jun 2011 15:41 #47 by homeagain

Martin Ent Inc wrote: And the thread is LOCKED
Boy what a bunch of toatl A's

The entire thread is now deleted. And I
thought eventually the two sites could augment each other and provide a
wonderful mode of communication to the 285 corridor....How SAD,that autocratic behavior is the mode of the day on PC. :angry:

09 Jun 2011 15:44 #48 by JMC

homeagain wrote:

Martin Ent Inc wrote: And the thread is LOCKED
Boy what a bunch of toatl A's

The entire thread is now deleted. And I
thought eventually the two sites could augment each other and provide a
wonderful mode of communication to the 285 corridor....How SAD,that autocratic behavior is the mode of the day on PC. :angry:

There would never have been a 285b if they were not so arrogant and forced the hand. Long Live Sc and 285B. Down with the old and on with the new.

09 Jun 2011 15:48 #49 by Martin Ent Inc
And sorry if I offend any here, but most of the posters there need to live in the Flat Land City as i never heard such a bunch of silly post.

OOOoo Bears where do they come from?
I didn't know we had raccoons.
What is a vole?
I hear a mtn lion every night,, Uh yeah it's a fox.

and the circus goes on there merry way.

09 Jun 2011 15:48 #50 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I tried to share this with Pinecam; but sadly, it was ignored and was responded with more of item #2 below: (I did try)

************************************************************************************************************

Here are a couple of things to dwell on, or not

1. Humans will respond as they are treated. If they are treated as adults and shown that they are trusted as such; they usually will respond as such. But, when a human is treated as a child, unable to think for themselves, then they revolt. This is very apparent in the work place as has been shown through many studies. Most of my career was based upon this basic philosophy. Give people responsibility and trust that they will do the right thing.

2. Perception is Reality. When found in a place of spending a lot of time defending actions that are seen in a negative way by others, I feel that it is simply a case of not seeing things through others eyes. In the case of Pinecam moderation, it seems to be more focused on what the mods get out of it, than the posters. A good moderator needs to park their ego at the door and think of the big picture of what they are doing before jumping on a single member for doing something that is not hurting anything.

3. Rules can be good, but guidelines are better. This leaves room to breathe and feel that you are able to think for yourself. Case in point, telling a poster that they can’t place a for sale item in the site’s classifieds simply because it pertains to pets, is a little overreaching. Why not let posters post their classified where they want? By moving it, you are telling the poster, you are in control and they are unable to think for themselves. This circles back around to items 1 and 2.

These things are the foundation of the tension of the moderation at Pinecam. This can be a teaching moment or it can be ignored. I am taking my time out to try to help even in the light of this latest incident.

************************************************************************************************************

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds