"Wilygate" - the saga of Wily Fox and Pinecam Moderation

09 Jun 2011 22:01 #71 by pacamom
It's hard to study the TOS when they change to warn for every new "infraction".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jun 2011 22:38 #72 by Hoot Owl

jf1acai wrote: It goes a long way back at PC that an unwritten part of the TOS was "Thou shalt not disagree in any way, shape, or form with those in charge of this site. Thou shalt not even attempt to get clarification of the intent/meaning of those in charge of this site".

Many of us have fallen afoul of this unwritten part of the TOS over the years. I have on multiple occasions. Unfortunately, that and another unwritten part of the TOS, "We are supreme, and will do whatever we want to do" are the main things that have passed down without modification through the changes that have taken place at PC.

To me, it is very sad that PC administrations have not seen that this is NOT the best way to operate a website that is ostensibly intended to be a benefit to the community. But, it is what it is, and we cannot change that.

I am very thankful that 285Bound and other affiliated websites now exist, with a (IMO) better idea of how to actually operate a website which can truly be a benefit to the community.

I wnder if any of the board members or moderators of PC have considered how their actions impact either their employers business, their business, or their volunteer begging. I know of several businesses that I wont step inside of, or contact for service. Sadly I also wont contribute to one of the charities.

IMHS is not one of them (just to be clear)

09 Jun 2011 22:44 #73 by CinnamonGirl
The post went back up. Minus posts of course. They are not fooling anyone.

09 Jun 2011 23:47 #74 by BuyersAgent1
Wily, my take from the text left up is that you have not actually been "banished" and I hope you won't hesitate to sign back on over there if that's what you want to do. Everybody is aware of what a contribution you are to the community through the PC website.
It would be a shame for it to lose any part of your voice unnecessarily, in other words.

As for the topic at large, the quote that stuck in my mind was something Becky wrote, above:
"Thx for admitting that you might have misjudged a good deal of what you were seeing. That means a lot to someone like me who struggled with all the BS that most people never got to see." The "struggle" that many have reported upon being separated from and/or "punished by" fellow community members has been painful, and for many, a long-lasting frustration. Residents undergo the hassles of getting home and living here just so they can enjoy the (mainly peaceful) atmosphere -- not so they can be exposed to critical or judgmental "family members" who make them feel like unwelcome interlopers in their own homes.

10 Jun 2011 06:26 #75 by deltamrey
PC is slowly dying - never mind. They are losers and not too bright.

10 Jun 2011 06:37 #76 by TPP

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote:

jmc wrote:

bailey bud wrote: (obligatory comment so it's not a mere link)

[youtube:gg2w8osl]

[/youtube:gg2w8osl]

You captured the moment!

if you go back and read my original post on this thread, you'll see my reference to this. When TPP was first kicked out, he started a yahoo group so folks could keep in touch with one another. I was honored to be part of that wily bunch and sitting on the Group W bench. oh yeah!

One small correction, somebody (I don't have permission to post that person name, & am sure that person would rather I didn't) else Started that area, still there stop by Fox.
EDITED,the area is owned by one member, (whom the person that started that area gave to somebody else), but everybody is a mod. & a poster.

10 Jun 2011 07:11 #77 by Sunshine Girl

archer wrote: Wily......I am totally blown away by your being banned by PC.....totally. As many know, I have sorta defended them in the past, pointing out that if you want to post there you agree to live by their rules. If ever there was a PC poster who posted within the rules there, and was a wonderful asset to their message board, it was you.....so I need to re-think my whole premise that it isn't so hard to get along there. This just destroys my entire theory.....

My apologies to those I thought were exaggerating the problem, you weren't, and it's worse than I ever imagined.

When I was banned quite a few people posted something along the lines of "it's you, not them" (I don't think you were one of them though), but it seemed like they were trying to say that I didn't 'behave' enough to deserve to be there. Bullsh*t. I felt very strongly that they were making a mountain out of a mole hill and I wasn't going to take it. I'm glad that I stood up to them and I sent DP a strongly worded email about their abuse of power and double standards. I was immediately banned for it. Good!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

10 Jun 2011 07:21 #78 by Sunshine Girl

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: I tried to share this with Pinecam; but sadly, it was ignored and was responded with more of item #2 below: (I did try)

************************************************************************************************************

Here are a couple of things to dwell on, or not

1. Humans will respond as they are treated. If they are treated as adults and shown that they are trusted as such; they usually will respond as such. But, when a human is treated as a child, unable to think for themselves, then they revolt. This is very apparent in the work place as has been shown through many studies. Most of my career was based upon this basic philosophy. Give people responsibility and trust that they will do the right thing.

2. Perception is Reality. When found in a place of spending a lot of time defending actions that are seen in a negative way by others, I feel that it is simply a case of not seeing things through others eyes. In the case of Pinecam moderation, it seems to be more focused on what the mods get out of it, than the posters. A good moderator needs to park their ego at the door and think of the big picture of what they are doing before jumping on a single member for doing something that is not hurting anything.

3. Rules can be good, but guidelines are better. This leaves room to breathe and feel that you are able to think for yourself. Case in point, telling a poster that they can’t place a for sale item in the site’s classifieds simply because it pertains to pets, is a little overreaching. Why not let posters post their classified where they want? By moving it, you are telling the poster, you are in control and they are unable to think for themselves. This circles back around to items 1 and 2.

These things are the foundation of the tension of the moderation at Pinecam. This can be a teaching moment or it can be ignored. I am taking my time out to try to help even in the light of this latest incident.

************************************************************************************************************

Excellent! I don't think it will register with them though because THEY DON'T WANT TO 'GET IT.' I think right now they are very embarrassed on how they treated you. Many months ago they could have done this and gotten away with no one being able to talk about it and their actions out is the open. Now they can't keep it quiet and hush, hush. As I stated before, they will try to spin this to act like they didn't really take action against you. Right. They have had many, many, many missed teaching moments. Maybe it's just time for them to drop-out of school. :biggrin:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

10 Jun 2011 09:01 #79 by Wily Fox aka Angela
Thanks SG! I didn't know that you got banned from PC. I thought you just left, like RD did and some others. and I found out late last night that this email did not make it to all the moderators (just one), so I sent it again last night to the main mod email address, so they now have this. They can choose to respond to it or not.

10 Jun 2011 09:20 #80 by Martin Ent Inc
It is supposed to be Community, they don't know the meaning, nor do they Want to be a part of a real community.
It is like a Stepford Gated community forum, we all do the same no individualism allowed.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds