"Wilygate" - the saga of Wily Fox and Pinecam Moderation

09 Jun 2011 16:45 #61 by CC
Archer....I will be the first to admit that a good deal of my behavior in the latter years was reason for banishment...LOL....The problem is, almost every one of us was treated this way in the beginning. Some of us just go a little further back with it is all.
Thx for admitting that you might have misjudged a good deal of what you were seeing. That means a lot to someone like me who struggled with all the BS that most people never got to see.

Wily is the most blatant example of power abuse at pinecrap.

Those who are in charge, (with the exception of 1 individual) are a classic example of a bunch of people who were anti social in middle school and high school. They were probably bullied a lot and now they have found a way to exact some revenge anonymously by attempting to control and entire community.
They truly believe that we are all a bunch of trouble making losers over here.
Angela, I am so sorry that you were treated this way. You really are a class act as JMC said.
We are very very lucky to have you here. You will continue to be a wonderful asset to this community in spite of pinecrap.

I tried to go read the thread but this was all I got.

Information

The topic or post you requested does not exist

Hopefully one day someone will try to log on to that rag of a website and see the same message only it will say....

The website you requested does not exist

We don't need them anymore.

Just pay the 50 bucks and pick up the garbage....LOL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jun 2011 19:38 #62 by CC
"Rumor" has it that the fox is not banned.........any scoop on this?

09 Jun 2011 19:48 #63 by LOL
I think "no communication" is what causes confusion and frustration.

When dissent is suppressed, pressure builds and tempers flare. I see this as their #1 problem. So afraid to let anyone complain in the slightest way, and quickly delete and lock everything. So rumors fly and no one can say their piece. Pretty sad and unnecessary. Whatever.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

09 Jun 2011 19:56 #64 by CC
Still would like more info on Wily not being banned.....

09 Jun 2011 20:02 #65 by nothing wrong with me
Replied by nothing wrong with me on topic "Wilygate" - the saga of Wily Fox and Pinecam Moderation
Listen, don't get me wrong there are other sites that do this too but when you give someone a time out to "familiarize yourself with the TOS of the site"
Like I am going to study the TOS like a two year old.
And telling grown adults that they are in a time out for 7 days?
Who feels like dealing with that hassle?
I am not in kindergarten.
They really think I feel like coming back after that?
Sounds they believe it is a monopoly.
Power is everything.
Like I said earlier they are not the only ones that have done this.
And most times it is caused by people that don't understand business and not knowing what they should do.
My take.

09 Jun 2011 20:11 #66 by CC

09 Jun 2011 20:16 #67 by CC
So.....this was not a ban but a suspension instead?
Not much of a difference in my mind.
They really just don't understand do they. I suspect they will never understand.
I hate that a handful of folks are going to run that site into the ground and they will all walk away scratching their collective little heads trying to figure out why no one understood that they were just trying to save us all from ourselves.
geeeeez

09 Jun 2011 21:01 #68 by Blazer Bob
I recall an amazing thread on PC. Someone was having an issue with a neighbor's barking dogs. You gave some advice. It went back and forth long enough that I thought your were totally out of your mind to be wasting so much time on a lost cause.

I can not express how shocked I was when your consul worked and led to a resolution.

It was a small thing but it lives large in my mind as astonishing.

If I were General Hammond, you would be my choice to head the Atlantis expedition.

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: I tried to share this with Pinecam; but sadly, it was ignored and was responded with more of item #2 below: (I did try)

************************************************************************************************************

Here are a couple of things to dwell on, or not

1. Humans will respond as they are treated. If they are treated as adults and shown that they are trusted as such; they usually will respond as such. But, when a human is treated as a child, unable to think for themselves, then they revolt. This is very apparent in the work place as has been shown through many studies. Most of my career was based upon this basic philosophy. Give people responsibility and trust that they will do the right thing.

2. Perception is Reality. When found in a place of spending a lot of time defending actions that are seen in a negative way by others, I feel that it is simply a case of not seeing things through others eyes. In the case of Pinecam moderation, it seems to be more focused on what the mods get out of it, than the posters. A good moderator needs to park their ego at the door and think of the big picture of what they are doing before jumping on a single member for doing something that is not hurting anything.

3. Rules can be good, but guidelines are better. This leaves room to breathe and feel that you are able to think for yourself. Case in point, telling a poster that they can’t place a for sale item in the site’s classifieds simply because it pertains to pets, is a little overreaching. Why not let posters post their classified where they want? By moving it, you are telling the poster, you are in control and they are unable to think for themselves. This circles back around to items 1 and 2.

These things are the foundation of the tension of the moderation at Pinecam. This can be a teaching moment or it can be ignored. I am taking my time out to try to help even in the light of this latest incident.

************************************************************************************************************

09 Jun 2011 21:16 #69 by jf1acai
It goes a long way back at PC that an unwritten part of the TOS was "Thou shalt not disagree in any way, shape, or form with those in charge of this site. Thou shalt not even attempt to get clarification of the intent/meaning of those in charge of this site".

Many of us have fallen afoul of this unwritten part of the TOS over the years. I have on multiple occasions. Unfortunately, that and another unwritten part of the TOS, "We are supreme, and will do whatever we want to do" are the main things that have passed down without modification through the changes that have taken place at PC.

To me, it is very sad that PC administrations have not seen that this is NOT the best way to operate a website that is ostensibly intended to be a benefit to the community. But, it is what it is, and we cannot change that.

I am very thankful that 285Bound and other affiliated websites now exist, with a (IMO) better idea of how to actually operate a website which can truly be a benefit to the community.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

09 Jun 2011 21:19 #70 by ScienceChic

neptunechimney wrote: If I were General Hammond, you would be my choice to head the Atlantis expedition.

:thumbsup: neptune, I like you more and more each day! Have you been watching Universe this season? Sadly, it wasn't picked up, but it had so much potential!

Absolutely agree on your assessment of Ms. Wily - when it comes to animals, and resolving problems, she can really shine!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds