× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Pick 3 of the week... Football Contest

28 Nov 2010 18:54 #791 by The Viking

Vice Lord wrote: CG!!!??? Clear this up please...He posted -3.5...They only won by 3....We all had it at 3-5 and above...The case is clear..Viking lost. It was stated early in the thread that we are on the honor system here. No editing. After all- we all can't be constantly monitoring lines for acuracy. He posted -3.5...Period, Done, End of Subject. Right?

That was never stated and I never edited anything. I corrected a typo. You are such an idiot! I can just see you. Ummmm......bookie, I know when I picked the NO game it was -3 but I sent an email to friends and accidentally typed in -3.5 when I told them about my pick so will you please give me a loss even though when I picked it was a tie? You really don't get picking teams do you? Now I know you are not a gambler and are full of crap! I bet many games this year and when I was sitting at the bar watching the game, once I told people that I needed someone to win by 7 because I thought it was 6 when it was really -3. I didn't remember which games where which all the time. But that doesn't mean they said, oh you lose since you told someone a different spread than when you picked.

This is pure logic and you know it. You are just doing this to try and get under my skin. Everyone on here knows that when I picked this game it was -3 no matter if I typed -1 or -14. And you know you wouldn't have given me the win and you would have made me change it to the CORRECT Spread that was there when I picked. Non issue with anyone except you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Nov 2010 19:02 #792 by The Viking

Vice Lord wrote: CG!!!??? Clear this up please...He posted -3.5...They only won by 3....We all had it at 3-5 and above...The case is clear..Viking lost. It was stated early in the thread that we are on the honor system here. No editing. After all- we all can't be constantly monitoring lines for acuracy. He posted -3.5...Period, Done, End of Subject. Right?

You are right, it is all honor system. I had it at -3 for 3 days before the game even kicked off. And state it right. If someone posts a pick and they type in the wrong spread doesn't it have to be corrected to the right spread at the time the pick was made? Otherwise people could have been typing in anything they want. JMC could have typed in -3 on the Giants game today even though it was -7 and when they won by 4 we would have to give him the win on the wrong spread? I don't think so. It was corrected within 45 minutes after I saw VL copy it and saw the typo. This is so logical which is why it is beyond VL's grasp.

28 Nov 2010 19:03 #793 by The Viking
I am done with this discussion as everyone including VL knows it should be a tie. He is just trying to stir things up and ruin this competition and thread. Too many more important things to do other than argue with a moron about how spreads and picking teams work. I guess he isn't that educated in gambling.

28 Nov 2010 19:18 #794 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Pick 3 of the week... Football Contest

The Viking wrote:

That was never stated and I never edited anything. I corrected a typo. You are such an idiot! I can just see you. Ummmm......bookie, I know when I picked the NO game it was -3 but I sent an email to friends and accidentally typed in -3.5 when I told them about my pick so will you please give me a loss even though when I picked it was a tie? You really don't get picking teams do you? Now I know you are not a gambler and are full of crap! I bet many games this year and when I was sitting at the bar watching the game, once I told people that I needed someone to win by 7 because I thought it was 6 when it was really -3. I didn't remember which games where which all the time. But that doesn't mean they said, oh you lose since you told someone a different spread than when you picked.

This is pure logic and you know it. You are just doing this to try and get under my skin. Everyone on here knows that when I picked this game it was -3 no matter if I typed -1 or -14. And you know you wouldn't have given me the win and you would have made me change it to the CORRECT Spread that was there when I picked. Non issue with anyone except you.

Why compare what we are doing to anything else? We aren't betting with bookies or sitting in bars..This is what it is...It's a message board contest where your entry is your posted messege. You screwed yours up, sorry- you lose

I REST MY CASE

29 Nov 2010 09:53 #795 by RenegadeCJ
Ok, my opinion is worth the price paid, but in order to stop the pain, I figured the only way to solve this was an impartial group of people who don't know any of you. I took a poll amongst my sporting friends on Sunday, and we voted. It was 10-0 that Viking should receive the tie, and everyone else a loss. You live by your post, and nobody had an issue with Viking's post before the game. Only when it ended up a 3 point game did anyone say anything. They also agreed that we should have a set "line" on a specific day, which I will post every wed. morning. Feel free to pick whenever...that is the line we will use, so there will be no complaining. Doing research I found lines on the NO game between 3-6 points throughout the week....
One of my friends who actually bets in vegas made this point. If Viking wasn't playing this....would anyone else question whether or not they got it right? No, all would willingly accept the loss. The suggestion was made, and I agree...if the contest comes down to 1/2 game, then call it a tie. I doubt it will....and I concur with the sentiment. Lets put it behind us and keep having fun.

With that being said, IMHO and the opinion of friends, here is where I see us as of right now.

1) CG 18-18
2) Viking 17-17-2
3) VL 17-19
4) Renegade 16-18-2
5) JMC with 12-24

http://www.sportsinteraction.com/footba ... ing-lines/

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

29 Nov 2010 10:39 #796 by The Viking

RenegadeCJ wrote: Ok, my opinion is worth the price paid, but in order to stop the pain, I figured the only way to solve this was an impartial group of people who don't know any of you. I took a poll amongst my sporting friends on Sunday, and we voted. It was 10-0 that Viking should receive the tie, and everyone else a loss. You live by your post, and nobody had an issue with Viking's post before the game. Only when it ended up a 3 point game did anyone say anything. They also agreed that we should have a set "line" on a specific day, which I will post every wed. morning. Feel free to pick whenever...that is the line we will use, so there will be no complaining. Doing research I found lines on the NO game between 3-6 points throughout the week....
One of my friends who actually bets in vegas made this point. If Viking wasn't playing this....would anyone else question whether or not they got it right? No, all would willingly accept the loss. The suggestion was made, and I agree...if the contest comes down to 1/2 game, then call it a tie. I doubt it will....and I concur with the sentiment. Lets put it behind us and keep having fun.

With that being said, IMHO and the opinion of friends, here is where I see us as of right now.

1) CG 18-18
2) Viking 17-17-2
3) VL 17-19
4) Renegade 16-18-2
5) JMC with 12-24

I was going to suggest we take a poll. I am glad you went that route with impartial people. And I am fine that if somehow I win by 1/2 game, in order to keep peace, I will accept a tie, because I know that certain people would never let it go if not.

Thanks for your leadership on this and it will be so much different now with having a set spread posted. Sorry it became such an issue.

29 Nov 2010 16:46 #797 by UNDER MODERATION
I don't care what Renegades friends (and one who actually bets in Vegas!) say, why would I? I'll ask ten of my friends tomarow and see what they come up with.. But first i'll explain to them that this isn't a las vegas sports book, it's a message board contest with message board contest rules..

29 Nov 2010 16:51 #798 by UNDER MODERATION

RenegadeCJ wrote: Ok, my opinion is worth the price paid, but in order to stop the pain, I figured the only way to solve this was an impartial group of people who don't know any of you. I took a poll amongst my sporting friends on Sunday, and we voted. It was 10-0 that Viking should receive the tie, and everyone else a loss. You live by your post, and nobody had an issue with Viking's post before the game. Only when it ended up a 3 point game did anyone say anything. They also agreed that we should have a set "line" on a specific day, which I will post every wed. morning. Feel free to pick whenever...that is the line we will use, so there will be no complaining. Doing research I found lines on the NO game between 3-6 points throughout the week....

1) CG 18-18
2) Viking 17-17-2
3) VL 17-19
4) Renegade 16-18-2
5) JMC with 12-24

Thats bulls*** and so is your idea to fix the line...I wait on line changes all the time...This was supposed to be on the honor system and for obvious reasons our posts were not to be edited after the fact. Thats what I signed on for, not this

GOOD DAY SIRS

30 Nov 2010 06:04 #799 by RenegadeCJ
My idea, because this is a play game and not a Las Vegas sports book is to avoid this in the future. I proposed a solution because I'm the only one not involved. Everyone else picked the game in question.

Regarding waiting for line changes...you are exactly right. My friend who bets like you do does the same. Of course, he has an official receipt showing the line when he bet, whereas on a thread, you can say whatever you like.

Take a poll...do whatever you want, but don't be a part of the problem. Be a part of the solution. I deal with issues everyday. Whining about them does nothing. Either propose a solution for this problem, and to avoid it in the future or be quite.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

30 Nov 2010 06:55 #800 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Pick 3 of the week... Football Contest

1) CG 18-18
2) Viking 17-17-2
3) VL 17-19
4) Renegade 16-18-2
5) JMC with 12-24

I disagree. The point spreads should all be the same. Or a screen shot should be provided. Edited to add----

You can have different spread but if they are going to be at different times we have to have a record. I posted 5 minutes after JMC he used a 2 point spread and I used a 5.5 one. If JMC won and I didn't how is that fair. He said he used the paper and I used the net. Sorry but hearsay doesn't work here.

Time to create page: 0.376 seconds