Poll: Are you a smoker

25 May 2011 06:11 #1 by The Dude
Just wondering how many still smoke.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 May 2011 06:29 #2 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Poll: Are you a smoker
Jake - Free and Healing for Five Years, Four Months, Twenty Nine Days, 23 Hours and 27 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 205 Days and 19 Hours, by avoiding the use of 59279 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $11,263.81. (cost is calulated 5 years ago)
Question Still stands: If I've extended my life by 205 days, What if I'm in a coma?

:sadKeenex: THANKS, The Dude!

NO, really thanks, like to show off...

25 May 2011 06:47 #3 by The Dude
Replied by The Dude on topic Poll: Are you a smoker
Thats great TPP! I Quit a few years ago and can't believe I ever picked one up in the first place. My biggest regret was starting to smoke. Quitting cold turkey when my son was born was ONE of my greatest accomplishments.

25 May 2011 06:54 #4 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Poll: Are you a smoker
I quit when they went to $1.35 a pack, decided I would rather spend my money on beer.

But occasionally I will have a cigar or have a couple cigarettes when I drink. Outlawing smoking in bars has cut down on that for me.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 May 2011 07:10 #5 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Poll: Are you a smoker

The Dude wrote: Thats great TPP! I Quit a few years ago and can't believe I ever picked one up in the first place. My biggest regret was starting to smoke. Quitting cold turkey when my son was born was ONE of my greatest accomplishments.

Long story, about my quitting...
Let's just say a family was in need one Christmas, and Wiffie & I decided to take all the $$$ we would have spent on eachother, and gave it to them. So, I tried to figure what kind of gift I could give Wiffie, well she was always b*tch'in about the smell, & smoking in the house & all that... I figured WTH, I'll give her & myself a gift and quit smoking talked to Dr. and he gave me valiums for the first 3 days, (after that it's all mental), so woke up on the 26th, fell asleep the 25th, (and missed my last smoke) had 4 in the pack took out 1 smoked it up and threw the pack away, last smoke I've had, of anything. Slept for 3 days, and still get the urge,as a matter of fact if (GOD FORBID) I ever get the Big C, I'll start again why NOT! Shelfish maybe, but after that what's the point? 2 Friends of mine quit 1 month later and the other 2 months later (he was a 4pack a day smoker), and we're still off them, then another friend wanted to quit so we walked eachother though it, and haven't talk in awhile but I beleive she's still smoke free. So, I think I've helped 4 to 6 people stop, it makes me feel good. And BELIEVE ME it's the one of the worse drugs out there, coke, weed, speed, meth, downers, all God knows what else (can't speak to "H" or "crack coke" always to scared to try them, also scared of needles, I could have smoke it but too scared).
My 4day pack friend now, pictures a HUGE pile of cig. Butts, and it disgust him so much he almost gags...
IF anybody, wants a help LMK. First step is easy.

25 May 2011 07:21 #6 by 2wlady
Replied by 2wlady on topic Poll: Are you a smoker
Yep, quit cold turkey. I don't understand getting the patch or gum, etc. You're just substituting one form of the drug for another.

I substituted gum (my jaws were so sore) and plastic coffee stirrers. Once the nicotine was out, it was a matter of habit to kill, picking up a cigarette when the phone rang, etc. So stirrers for holding, gum for the mouth, and I was done with all of it within a month.

And when I "felt the urge for a cigarette" I just thought about what hell I went through to quit and that kept me from picking up another cancer stick.

25 May 2011 07:56 #7 by The Dude
Replied by The Dude on topic Poll: Are you a smoker
Very awesome 2wlady!! I agree cold turkey was the only way I could do it. Everytime i wanted one I looked at my son who was on oxygen here at home for the first few weeks and that was all it took! I thought I would miss it but have not hadd an urge to pick one up since.

25 May 2011 08:33 #8 by Dilbert
Replied by Dilbert on topic Poll: Are you a smoker
Quit in 2007 - wife at me for years but she gave up..............so once she left me alone, I did it on my own. Best thing I've ever done. Let that be a lesson - once you stop nagging at them, they may do it on their own - it's not that they/we don't know how bad it is..it's the nagging.

25 May 2011 08:34 #9 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Poll: Are you a smoker
Congrats on the quitting. :thumbsup: You guys should be proud.

25 May 2011 09:09 #10 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Poll: Are you a smoker
Never was tempted. Hated the smell cleaning out ash trays in bowling alley.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds