Poll: Are you a smoker

24 Jul 2011 11:21 #61 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I brushed my teeth every time I wanted a cigarette. It kept my breath fresh where I didn't want to screw it up with a cigarette and gave me something to do when I had "the urge"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jul 2011 16:26 #62 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Poll: Are you a smoker

The Dude wrote: Just wondering how many still smoke.

I never smoked tabaco until maybe the mid 90's..My canadian friend started bringing great Cuban cigars to work..It was ok occiasionaly but after awhile I wanted one everday at lunch. Then I started wanting them earlier and earler in the day, then I started having two $64 Cohiba's at work, one in the morning, one at lunch, then I started smoking another at home after dinner, then I started smoking them while eating. I realised something was wrong when I tried to smoke one during sex. So I quit for a few years..I bought a Box in Florida and some mini's and it took about 2 weeks to really get back into them. I'm at the once a day stage now, but intend to quit for a few years before it goes beyond that..

25 Jul 2011 09:23 #63 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Poll: Are you a smoker
GEE! this must be a different vl, than on freetalk, that dude, said, he smoked cigarettes, then switched to cigars, then switched to expensive cigars, than switched to mini's... Hmmm, Well the real vl PLEASE stand-up!

25 Jul 2011 09:46 #64 by UNDER MODERATION

TPP wrote: GEE! this must be a different vl, than on freetalk, that dude, said, he smoked cigarettes, then switched to cigars, then switched to expensive cigars, than switched to mini's... Hmmm, Well the real vl PLEASE stand-up!

I smoked Black n Gold Luxury cigerettes for about 6 months..Never got past 3 or 4 a day. Man those were good. I bought a pack in Florida and I only smoked 10...Gonna go have one right now..Sounds great with another cup of 100% Kona Coffee.....But all my smoking occured in a 2-3 year period after I turned 40. I'm not a smoker and was was tabaco free for the last few years. I like it but i'm not gonna f-up my lungs for that little jolt..If i'm gonna smoke, I need a little more of a buzz.

25 Jul 2011 09:58 #65 by UNDER MODERATION
Oh that was good..These smokes are 100% tabacoo..No chemicals, no fillers. Much safer

25 Jul 2011 10:01 #66 by Sunshine Girl

Vice Lord wrote: Oh that was good..These smokes are 100% tabacoo..No chemicals, no fillers. Much safer

It says not safer on the box though. Confused.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

25 Jul 2011 10:13 #67 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Poll: Are you a smoker

Sunshine Girl wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: Oh that was good..These smokes are 100% tabacoo..No chemicals, no fillers. Much safer

:rofl rofllol Great catch!!! :rofl rofllol

25 Jul 2011 10:16 #68 by UNDER MODERATION

Sunshine Girl wrote:

Oh I did'nt see that..Well..It's probably safer but they can't legally say it...Anyway..I just downloaded the last few days of Florida pic's and I wanna share

House Hunting

View-Front Balcony

View from Back Balcony-I bought her earrings evernight here

25 Jul 2011 14:37 #69 by MichiganGal
Replied by MichiganGal on topic Poll: Are you a smoker
I shouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pull. Personally the only bad habits I have are my smokes and my Pepsi! In moderation! Yep it may kill me and I have tried, tried to quit but haven't been mentally into it so of course quitting didn't work. Some day! I hate the smell of smoke, I don't smoke in enclosed areas, or around a person who it will bother. Ash trays are nasty but I ENJOY my smoke time. Congrats to those who quit! But it isn't for everyone addicted to this bad habit so dont start!

Never Say Never

27 Dec 2011 09:43 #70 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Poll: Are you a smoker
For those of you who have quit, do find this to be true?

http://www.myhealthnewsdaily.com/2028-q ... iness.html
Smokers Who Quit Are Happier, Study Finds
Dec 19, 2011 | Remy Melina

Smokers wary of attempting to quit may perhaps find motivation in new research showing that people who successfully quit smoking are more satisfied with their lives, and feel healthier than those who continue to smoke.

The researchers looked at 1,504 people who took part in a smoking cessation trial in the United States. The authors assessed each participant's smoking status and quality of life one year and three years after the smoking cessation trial.

"Our findings suggest that, over the long-term, individuals will be happier and more satisfied with their lives if they stop smoking than if they do not," the researchers wrote.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds