Poll: Are you a smoker

27 Dec 2011 11:34 #71 by Reverend Revelant

Science Chic wrote: For those of you who have quit, do find this to be true?

http://www.myhealthnewsdaily.com/2028-q ... iness.html
Smokers Who Quit Are Happier, Study Finds
Dec 19, 2011 | Remy Melina

Smokers wary of attempting to quit may perhaps find motivation in new research showing that people who successfully quit smoking are more satisfied with their lives, and feel healthier than those who continue to smoke.

The researchers looked at 1,504 people who took part in a smoking cessation trial in the United States. The authors assessed each participant's smoking status and quality of life one year and three years after the smoking cessation trial.

"Our findings suggest that, over the long-term, individuals will be happier and more satisfied with their lives if they stop smoking than if they do not," the researchers wrote.

I stopped smoking over 7 years ago... just put them down, never touched another one (did the same thing with booze). There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about having one. If you're going to stop, you just have to stop... no games, no gimmicks, no make-believe... "stop smoking" is just what it implies... stop.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Dec 2011 11:41 #72 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic Poll: Are you a smoker

Smokers wary of attempting to quit may perhaps find motivation in new research showing that people who successfully quit smoking are more satisfied with their lives, and feel healthier than those who continue to smoke.

The researchers looked at 1,504 people who took part in a smoking cessation trial in the United States. The authors assessed each participant's smoking status and quality of life one year and three years after the smoking cessation trial.

"Our findings suggest that, over the long-term, individuals will be happier and more satisfied with their lives if they stop smoking than if they do not," the researchers wrote.

More satisfied with life? Not sure about that, but certainly healthier. I am more satisfied every time I'm behind someone buying cigs at the L&J - $5.00 a pack?????? Are you seriously paying that to kill yourself?

27 Dec 2011 17:18 #73 by Reverend Revelant

towermonkey wrote:

More satisfied with life? Not sure about that, but certainly healthier. I am more satisfied every time I'm behind someone buying cigs at the L&J - $5.00 a pack?????? Are you seriously paying that to kill yourself?

You kicked the habit? Good for you.

28 Dec 2011 08:11 #74 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Poll: Are you a smoker
6 years as of 26th. quit, still miss them!.

28 Dec 2011 08:17 #75 by Reverend Revelant

TPP wrote: 6 years as of 26th. quit, still miss them!.

I miss them every day. It's been around 6 years for myself. If a doctor ever gave me a diagnose of a terminal situation, the first thing I would do is pick up a carton of cigarettes and a case of booze.

28 Dec 2011 09:03 #76 by AspenValley
Replied by AspenValley on topic Poll: Are you a smoker
I quit in 1992. Cold turkey. After a year or so, I never missed them. AT ALL. In fact, I'd rather dine on smashed up insects than smoke a cigarette. Even being in a room or a car where someone has smoked makes me feel nauseated.

28 Dec 2011 10:32 #77 by Photo-fish
Replied by Photo-fish on topic Poll: Are you a smoker
I still have 2 or 3 a year if I am around some good friends that smoke and we are playing cards or pool. I have a few friends that own taverns back in WI where they banned indoor smoking 2 years ago. After hours if they have the place to themselves, they can lock the doors and light up.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

28 Dec 2011 14:04 #78 by The Dude
Replied by The Dude on topic Poll: Are you a smoker
I am with you AspenValley.I quit cold turkey and the smell and even worse the second hand smell are the most foul odors ever. I have no urge to start smoking again what so ever.

28 Dec 2011 14:38 #79 by Reverend Revelant

The Dude wrote: I am with you AspenValley.I quit cold turkey and the smell and even worse the second hand smell are the most foul odors ever. I have no urge to start smoking again what so ever.

Even if a doctor told you that you were terminally ill?

28 Dec 2011 14:52 #80 by AspenValley
Replied by AspenValley on topic Poll: Are you a smoker

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

The Dude wrote: I am with you AspenValley.I quit cold turkey and the smell and even worse the second hand smell are the most foul odors ever. I have no urge to start smoking again what so ever.

Even if a doctor told you that you were terminally ill?

I don't see how being told you were dying would make something that disgusts you seem more appealing.

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds