Poll: Are you a smoker

25 May 2011 15:28 #31 by Dilbert
Replied by Dilbert on topic Poll: Are you a smoker
My aunt was a heavy smoker all her life - she had a massive heart attack on her 55th birthday and died - day before the Oklahoma City Bombing - all my family members were smokers but all have quit. Her death woke many of us up, even if it wasn't for a few years.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 May 2011 21:18 #32 by Lo Bay Laddie
[center:1ebzfa1v]I smoke because it makes me cool! [/center:1ebzfa1v]

[center:3kxjhmaq] [/center:3kxjhmaq]
[center:3kxjhmaq]I've given up reading books. I find it takes my mind off myself. [/center:3kxjhmaq]

25 May 2011 21:31 #33 by otisptoadwater
Only after sex... But I haven't looked lately.

Actually I have been known to enjoy a good cigar with friends on the odd occasion that we get together for a big meal and some drinks, otherwise I don't smoke at all. If I have four cigars a year then I'm hitting the tobacco at a personal record setting pace. When I do smoke I do it outside or in a designated smoking area and I ensure that the butts are properly extinguished and secured, nothing chaps my posterior more than watching someone flick a lit butt out of their car or on to the ground.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

26 May 2011 00:29 #34 by MsMAM
Replied by MsMAM on topic Poll: Are you a smoker
To quote Boener: it's legal. Leave me alone.

26 May 2011 08:10 #35 by Martin Ent Inc
Turn this around to a poll smoker? LOL

27 May 2011 07:46 #36 by The Dude
Replied by The Dude on topic Poll: Are you a smoker
Another group I dont understand are those with health issues that still smoke! What IDIOTS!!

27 May 2011 20:04 #37 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Poll: Are you a smoker
I have been free of cigarettes for 1229 days, 15 hours, 0 minutes & 34 seconds
I have not smoked 46,725 cigarettes since then, and I have saved a total of $9,345.16.

Dr Tedd told me I had a 1 1/2 mass on my lung. Spent 10 days thinking I had lung cancer.
Stopped smoking that day. 01/14/2008.

Come to find out......it was only a lung infection.
I feel great now though. LOL
I still love the smell of a cigarette burning.
I smoked for 36 years.
I am free now!

27 May 2011 20:18 #38 by vglyman
Replied by vglyman on topic Poll: Are you a smoker
I smoke because I like it and it calms me. If not I might hurt someone. And quite frankly we all have to die sometime and somehow anyway. But I'm sure now that I've typed that I'll be hit by some jackass driving his SUV way too fast on a slick icy road! And all you self righteous quitters leave me in peace!

27 May 2011 20:49 #39 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Poll: Are you a smoker
Smoking calmed me to vglyman. That is the hardest addiction to stop. I'll just stand next to you and smell that sweet smell. No self righteous bs here from me. :wink:

27 May 2011 21:57 #40 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Poll: Are you a smoker

Becky wrote: Smoking calmed me to vglyman. That is the hardest addiction to stop. I'll just stand next to you and smell that sweet smell. No self righteous bs here from me. :wink:

Yeah........until I reach the point where I don't love the smell of a cigarette, I will never be a non-smoker, only a smoker who doesn't smoke. I still feel like I am one crisis away from starting all over again.....nothing else can substitute for the calm and strength a cigarette gives a smoker. Yeah, I know, it doesn't do much for anyone else.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds