Poll: Are you a smoker

25 May 2011 09:13 #11 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic Poll: Are you a smoker
Quit for 11 years now 'cept for the good stuff...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 May 2011 09:22 #12 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic Poll: Are you a smoker
Quit many many years ago.

25 May 2011 09:25 #13 by Martin Ent Inc
Never smoked, but I am Smokin hot...
Do alot of Smoky burnouts at the track.
Can smoke the hell outa some Metal.
Smoke alot of critters on the grill.
Deep purple Smoke on the Water was on the tube night before last.

25 May 2011 09:32 #14 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic Poll: Are you a smoker
Smoked from 1964 to 1974. Quitting was extremely wrenching.

Regards,
Major Bean

25 May 2011 09:35 #15 by Sunshine Girl
Wow! Congrats to all of you. That is a huge accomplishment. My dad was a smoker and it's no surprise my brother became one early on. I think my brother quit or just cut back A LOT. It never tempted me because I hate all the smells that go along with it. I was tempted to check the box "the green stuff," but never really ventured there either. In some weird way I wish I did do it, but I have too much of an addictive personality and I'm too scared of the 'long arm of the law" to do it. :biggrin:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

25 May 2011 09:45 #16 by ComputerBreath
Of the three living children from mom and dad, I am the only one who never smoked anything. My dad smoked his whole life until he was put in the nursing home and they basically wouldn't give them any. Both my brother and sister smoke. I do not allow smoking inside my home...and that has really torqued a lot of people off...but the smokers that used to smoke in my house were absolutely some of the rudest, dis-respectful people when it came to smoking I ever met.

There are cigarette burns all on my carpet where they'd drop their cigarettes or the ash. A couple of times I was drinking a soda, left to do something out of the room, came back and took a drink and drank ash and a cigarette butt.

I do not buy cigarettes for anyone. Last summer when my brother was staying with me and I refused to buy him cigarettes, he told me that he would kill himself if I didn't buy him any, then he called me a Nazi and Stalin (a murderer). I refused to be held hostage in my home by someone who refused to even think about my point of view and opinion.

I'm very glad that is a habit I never picked up. Congrats to those that have quit. I've heard from a lot of people that quitting and continuing to not smoke is one of the hardest things to do in the world.

25 May 2011 10:20 #17 by Dilbert
Replied by Dilbert on topic Poll: Are you a smoker
It's actually easier to not smoke than to think about smoking and then having to quit again. :wink:

25 May 2011 10:47 #18 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Poll: Are you a smoker
BTW, I do go out with the kids when they smoke. I'm a FIRM believer in 2nd hand smoke!

25 May 2011 10:48 #19 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Poll: Are you a smoker
Who was it that said <paraphase if I get it wrong> "It's easy to quit smoking I've done it Hundreds of times."

25 May 2011 10:57 #20 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Poll: Are you a smoker

TPP wrote: BTW, I do go out with the kids when they smoke. I'm a FIRM believer in 2nd hand smoke!

My husband quit before I did....he too loved to catch whatever second hand smoke was available. He had to go cold turkey when I quit too. I have smoked on and off most of my life, though more off than on.......what I have found is there is a difference between a non smoker.....and a smoker who just doesn't smoke. I'm thinkin you fall into the latter catagory, as do I. I didn't smoke all the years I was raising children, and since they are 8 years apart that was a long time that I had kids at home.....but I can't say that many days went by that I didn't want to start again. So I did when they were gone, then quit again because it was just too much hassle with all the new laws and the price.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds