Federal Judge Prohibits Prayer at Texas Graduation Ceremony

04 Jun 2011 20:19 #111 by archer
You brought up first amendment rights trouble, why, when questioned about it, don't you want to answer the questions?

Trouble wrote: Troubling isn't it that students don't leave their first amendment rights at the school house door? They are not "getting around" anything. They are simply exercising their first amendment rights. :fwave:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Jun 2011 20:30 #112 by Obam me
This is about student-led prayer at graduation. IMHO, your questions are off-topic.

If you'll start a new topic then I will answer your questions tomorrow. But for now I have an appointment with Dr. Sheets and Mr. Pillows.

Later...

04 Jun 2011 20:36 #113 by Blazer Bob

archer wrote:

Trouble wrote: Troubling isn't it that students don't leave their first amendment rights at the school house door? They are not "getting around" anything. They are simply exercising their first amendment rights. :fwave:

Sure they are...I'll bet you think it's ok when a student disrupts a class..he's just exercising his 1st amendment rights...and if he waves his gun around at school threatening other students.....that's his right too. I disagree with you trouble...kids should have rules to abide by in school.....it isn't a free for all.

I did not think you could get so many straw men in so short a post.

04 Jun 2011 20:37 #114 by archer
it's ok if you go off topic to make your point, but if I ask you about it you turn all 5th grader on us with the na na na na.....you're off topic.

Yep....got it.

04 Jun 2011 20:40 #115 by archer

neptunechimney wrote:

archer wrote:

Sure they are...I'll bet you think it's ok when a student disrupts a class..he's just exercising his 1st amendment rights...and if he waves his gun around at school threatening other students.....that's his right too. I disagree with you trouble...kids should have rules to abide by in school.....it isn't a free for all.

I did not think you could get so many straw men in so short a post.

just askin questions NC....that's how we learn....of course when I ask questions of some posters, they will do everything they can to avoid answering them. What about you....do school rules trump a students first amendment rights?

04 Jun 2011 20:56 #116 by Blazer Bob

archer wrote:

neptunechimney wrote: [I did not think you could get so many straw men in so short a post.

just askin questions NC....that's how we learn....of course when I ask questions of some posters, they will do everything they can to avoid answering them. What about you....do school rules trump a students first amendment rights?

I am surprised you even need to ask. Of course it is every students right to scream obscenities at the teacher, wave his gun around at school threatening other students.

Your analogy is perfect.
:lol:

04 Jun 2011 21:00 #117 by archer

neptunechimney wrote:

archer wrote:

neptunechimney wrote: [I did not think you could get so many straw men in so short a post.

I am surprised you even need to ask. Of course it is every students right to scream obscenities at the teacher, wave his gun around at school threatening other students.

Your analogy is perfect.
:lol:

The problem is NC.....I'm thinking trouble believes that, and that is troubling.

.....no pun intended ....just don't understand why some think that kids have the same rights in school that adults have outside of school.

04 Jun 2011 21:07 #118 by Blazer Bob
OK, I have no idea what Trouble believes.

04 Jun 2011 21:09 #119 by archer

neptunechimney wrote: OK, I have no idea what Trouble believes.

Of course not....I asked, she declined to answer.

04 Jun 2011 21:17 #120 by jf1acai

...just don't understand why some think that kids have the same rights in school that adults have outside of school.

What is troubling to me is that some seem to think that neither adults nor kids have any right to even mention religion in passing. I see nothing wrong with a student thanking his/her God/deity of choice/whatever in a graduation speech, in fact I appreciate it.

I agree that I don't want anyone forcing their religion down my throat, but I think that the opposition to religion in any form has gotten totally out of control and ridiculous.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Time to create page: 0.309 seconds