Severe trouble ahead, community suggestions to get through

25 Nov 2011 15:24 #441 by bailey bud

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Nov 2011 16:33 #442 by Martin Ent Inc
Here ya go.

http://www.backwoodshome.com/

Great info on self sustainability.

I posted back on page 12

25 Nov 2011 18:03 #443 by outdoor338

27 Nov 2011 23:56 #444 by Rockdoc
Do you get the sense this is the calm before the storm? That is my perception and almost the way I feel. No better time than now to being stocking up, getting your debt in order asap, and making strides towards improved self sufficiency. Time to be like the ants vs grasshoppers.

28 Nov 2011 09:20 #445 by BearMtnHIB

Rockdoc Franz wrote: Do you get the sense this is the calm before the storm? That is my perception and almost the way I feel. No better time than now to being stocking up, getting your debt in order asap, and making strides towards improved self sufficiency. Time to be like the ants vs grasshoppers.

I wouldn't say the calm before the storm because The last 2 weeks have been very tense as Europe has several economies near collapse due to debt issues.

I'd say if anything we are on track for a very scary year next year. China is predicting a slowdown in it's economy- and every country in europe expects to either be stalled out (Germany) or in a recession (everyone else). The FED announced a new bank stress test for 31 of the biggest banks in the USA with some very scary senerios- 13% unemployment- 8% drop in GDP and 52% drop in the stock market.
http://285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16220

Those numbers are simply a Depression type senerio. No other way to describe it. My topic on this issue was barely noticed- why does the FED feel the need to put the banks through all this - unless they know somthing we don't?

I'd say we are kicking the can down the road very nicely these days- and the hard times ahead are still coming. It could be an economic collapse that hits us all of a sudden- or a slow collapse of the dollar that errodes our economic condition. The government is not addressing the problem at all- in fact they are making matters worse.

If you feel calm- then yes- maybe this is the calm before the storm- I see the world economy falling apart fast- and coming to our doorsteps soon..... it could all crash tomorrow- or it could be next year, but it's coming!

Don't stop getting as ready as you can- it won't hurt to be prepared.

01 Mar 2012 12:55 #447 by ScienceChic
Is this kind of preparation really necessary?

Doomsday Preppers - National Geographic Video
Bug Out Vacation

Tim and his family practice bugging out or going "on vacation" to their desert bunker in preparation for the collapse of society.

Methinks he needs to start including more medical supplies and training in his efforts. :faint: And I'd include packing the vehicles up in the timing, not just the travel time.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

01 Mar 2012 13:40 #448 by Martin Ent Inc
We are thinking of manufacturing BugOutBox, a trailer specifically for bugging out, compartmentalized for different supplies. It could be prepacked. Working on the design.

15 Apr 2012 08:35 #449 by CinnamonGirl
You know this is not such a bad idea. Low cost and there are seed libraries across the state that might be a good idea as well. Never a bad idea to have some seeds around. On the show doomsday preppers there seems to be a few from colorado mountains.

Emergency Survival Seed Doomsday Preppers Ultimate Bunker - Heirloom Emergency Survival Seeds - 505,000 Seeds 2012

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN= ... ssociateA/

You know this is not a bad deal very reasonable and having a seed library is a good idea.

06 Sep 2012 10:42 #450 by ScienceChic
Thought this story fit well in this thread:

Take Ownership of Your Actions by Taking Responsibility
by John Coleman | 7:00 AM August 30, 2012

One of the most common momentum killers I've seen in my professional life is our propensity to wait for someone else to act, take initiative, assume blame, or take charge. But very often, no help comes.

It's a liberating concept. Help is not coming. The responsibility is yours, and it starts with developing a belief or habit of mind that you, as an individual, are accountable for the quality and timeliness of an outcome, even when you're working with others. It doesn't always mean you have authority over a project. Nor does it mean that you shouldn't involve others. But it does mean you own the obligation to take action and deliver results.

(emphasis mine)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.310 seconds