Severe trouble ahead, community suggestions to get through

26 Sep 2011 09:05 #421 by BadgerKustoms
http://bepreparedtosurvive.com/Misc.Conatiners.htm

Figured I'd post this up here.

I was recently asked for a good source to find these small tins for home defense. This site has those and much more. For the record, use these at your own discretion I will not discuss how to utilize these for home defense on a public board.

Badger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Oct 2011 13:03 #422 by HEARTLESS
http://www.americanpreppersnetwork.com/ ... tshtf.html
Has some decent information and you can click on the Colorado under state networks for more localized info.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

06 Oct 2011 22:01 #423 by akilina
All good videos. :lol: wtshtf was a good one to finish with.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

13 Oct 2011 09:16 #424 by HEARTLESS
If Iceland's Katla volcano really cuts loose, expect a long, cold winter and continued crop failures and shortages.

13 Oct 2011 09:22 #425 by Rockdoc
If this OWS stuff continues, expect us soon to be in a revolution as well.

As for volcanic eruption bringing on a cold hard winter, remains to be seen. This is not a particularly large volcano, thus its potential particular contribution to the atmosphere on a global scale is insignificant. Locally, it may contribute to a hard winter. What remains to be seen is the turnaround on this short-term global warming cycle. I've not researched the periodicity of the short term global cycles, so must reserve further comment. But we are going to see significantly cooler weather globally and more sever winters again when the short term cycle swings negative of the average long term warming trend.

13 Oct 2011 09:52 #426 by HEARTLESS
Rockdoc, I agree it won't be a big enough event to directly effect the US, but could dramatically effect the already trashed European economy and crops. It could benefit our farmers, but continue to drive up food costs.

13 Oct 2011 10:01 #427 by HEARTLESS

13 Oct 2011 10:10 #428 by Rockdoc

HEARTLESS wrote: Rockdoc, I agree it won't be a big enough event to directly effect the US, but could dramatically effect the already trashed European economy and crops. It could benefit our farmers, but continue to drive up food costs.

Given weather patterns and thus dust distribution, I can certainly see that as a distinct possibility.

13 Oct 2011 10:15 - 24 Nov 2011 21:20 #429 by Rockdoc

HEARTLESS wrote: Here is one link to this story. http://www.preparednessdaily.com/2011/0 ... -eurozone/

Just glanced at this article and it makes a lot of sense from an ecologic perspective. The euro zone is like a community under stress. As such they are particularly prone to community collapse in the face of additional disturbances. Generalists will survive, but a good deal of the "reef like" meaning highly developed interdependent aspects of the euro community will die. Katla erupting could well become that additional disturbance.

17 Oct 2011 17:13 #430 by AspenValley
This forum has degenerated into a really idiotic "left/right" mud flinging contest I am not terribly interested in continuing with, but maybe there is still some hope of it coming together to share skills/insight/strengths in what is starting to look like a very serious risk to our survival as a community.

I am interested right now in those who know something about how to put together reasonably priced solar and or wind-powered systems capable of powering well pumps in case of grid failure.

Anyone interested in figuring out this issue on a community level, please PM.

Time to create page: 0.310 seconds