Severe trouble ahead, community suggestions to get through

06 Sep 2011 11:00 #391 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Severe trouble ahead, community suggestions to get through

Science Chic wrote: When Yellowstone goes, it will be the end of life as we know it, not just ten years of winter.

And the odds are higher than that of it happening in our lifetimes. Just FYI.

I agree..I just did'nt want to alarm everyone..They scare so easily. And I just pulled that 10 year number out of thin air..I knew it would not be survivable though

Thanks for the backup SC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Sep 2011 11:03 #392 by AspenValley
There are scenarios which are much, much more likely than that of Yellowstone blowing in which having a plan which would enable one to keep on feeding one's family would be VERY useful.

06 Sep 2011 11:04 #393 by Martin Ent Inc
That is what the topic is about AV. Thanks for reminding some.

06 Sep 2011 11:05 #394 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Severe trouble ahead, community suggestions to get through

AspenValley wrote: There are scenarios which are much, much more likely than that of Yellowstone blowing in which having a plan which would enable one to keep on feeding one's family would be VERY useful.

Thats true...

Now lets discuss an Astriod strike. It would really suck and if you drained the oceans and took away all the vegitation on earth you'd see that the earth has been struck literally millions of times...

A liittle back up SC?

06 Sep 2011 11:15 #395 by Martin Ent Inc
The Aliens will take care of that problem.

06 Sep 2011 11:25 #396 by ScienceChic

AspenValley wrote: There are scenarios which are much, much more likely than that of Yellowstone blowing in which having a plan which would enable one to keep on feeding one's family would be VERY useful.

:yeahthat:

VL wrote: Now lets discuss an Astriod strike. It would really suck and if you drained the oceans and took away all the vegitation on earth you'd see that the earth has been struck literally millions of times...

A liittle back up SC?

The multitude of scenarios from an asteroid strike depends on too many factors to really make a useful discussion from - how big it is, where it hits, etc. Yes, we've been hit many times in the past, but never with this big of a population of humans present - it would suck, no matter which way you slice it. Again, being prepared for the worst is the best thing we can do, which is the point of this thread.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

06 Sep 2011 11:29 #397 by UNDER MODERATION

Science Chic wrote: - it would suck

Thanks for the backup

06 Sep 2011 12:40 #398 by Blazer Bob

AspenValley wrote:

neptunechimney wrote: [
If that rings a bell with anyone , we would love to find that book again.

"Possum Living", maybe?

Thanks for the lead but that's not it.

06 Sep 2011 13:07 #399 by bailey bud
Yellowstone is kids' stuff --- I'm waiting for the La Garita Caldera caldera to wake up........

06 Sep 2011 15:38 #400 by Rockdoc

Martin Ent Inc wrote: Yes once again the resident dunce has no clue as to WTF he's talking about.

His idiotic banter is irritating at best, but I find it incredibly easy to ignore. Does he really think interested people here are unaware of such possibilities? He is trying..... We will move forward with self sustaining measures, expand our intellectual curiosity, enhance our skill sets, get to know interesting people better, plus enjoy reduced costs and increased comfort as we go along. It is unnecessary to have grasshoppers participate. Their vision (or lack thereof) to which they are entitled is too myopic from my perspective. Besides, growing your own vegetables or baking bread, harvesting eggs, etc. will add to valuable family time, teach the children well and hopefully enhance family unity. Things like that do not require a global catastrophe to be valuable.

Time to create page: 0.487 seconds