A new Board? Any interest?

17 Jan 2013 08:08 #191 by LadyJazzer

Science Chic wrote:

frogger wrote: those that prefer a respectful conversation have left. lookslike maybe 75 of the top 150 posters have hit the road. do appreciate seeing more moved to the ring. its a start.

Really? Care to re-count that, or would you rather keep throwing out assumptions and generalizations based on your own anecdotal and defaming "evidence"?

Feel free to keep going down the list of all 150 top posters and count who's actually left, never to return. What's your cut-off for how long they've been gone? A week? A month? A year?

He's been operating in a fact-free-zone for so long, he would know FACTS if they bit him... Thanks for posting the FACTS...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Jan 2013 08:23 #192 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic A new Board? Any interest?
lol

17 Jan 2013 08:58 #193 by archer
Replied by archer on topic A new Board? Any interest?

frogger wrote: I missed where rick blamed one side or the other here. Was this assumption made because of what side of the fence he sits on? I failed to see ANY blame exclusively placed on the left for this situation on this board.

Maybe this quote from his post will refresh your memory

It's really the exact same thing we see from the WH and Congress... like when the president calls republicans "the enemy" or Biden refers to them as "terrorists"... it does nothing but widen the divide and generate pure hatred.

That sounds to me like the only comparison Rick sees for the vitriol here is to the left attacking the right.

17 Jan 2013 09:02 #194 by FOS
its a stretch

17 Jan 2013 09:16 #195 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic A new Board? Any interest?
The examples cited are from the WH. Difficult to make them representative of comments from the 'right' at this point in time. If you think he should also have included comments from Congress, then how many would he have to include from each side to be 'fair and balanced'? And what would that be based upon?

The complaints about bias in the post are totally unfounded, IMO.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

17 Jan 2013 09:54 - 17 Jan 2013 10:19 #196 by archer
Replied by archer on topic A new Board? Any interest?

jf1acai wrote: The examples cited are from the WH. Difficult to make them representative of comments from the 'right' at this point in time. If you think he should also have included comments from Congress, then how many would he have to include from each side to be 'fair and balanced'? And what would that be based upon?

The complaints about bias in the post are totally unfounded, IMO.

And of course your opinion would be unbiased? NOT.

17 Jan 2013 09:56 #197 by FOS
why would his opinion be biased? do you have facts to support that statement?

17 Jan 2013 09:59 #198 by LadyJazzer

frogger wrote: why would his opinion be biased? do you have facts to support that statement?

This is a fact-free-zone...as you have already proved.

17 Jan 2013 12:36 #199 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic A new Board? Any interest?

archer wrote:

frogger wrote: I missed where rick blamed one side or the other here. Was this assumption made because of what side of the fence he sits on? I failed to see ANY blame exclusively placed on the left for this situation on this board.

Maybe this quote from his post will refresh your memory

It's really the exact same thing we see from the WH and Congress... like when the president calls republicans "the enemy" or Biden refers to them as "terrorists"... it does nothing but widen the divide and generate pure hatred.

That sounds to me like the only comparison Rick sees for the vitriol here is to the left attacking the right.

No, those are just the two most powerful people running the country right now, the ones that said they would try to bridge the divide and be the most transparent ever. I think using our current leaders as examples of divisive language is more effective then going back to past presidents. Feel free to use examples of your own to help make my point... which was to illustrate how 'we" are no better than "they"... but "we" just don't want to admit it or change it. How about you archer, do you want your neighbors to change and be more respectful to each other or have you given up (or do you like the hate?)

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

17 Jan 2013 12:39 #200 by Raees
Replied by Raees on topic A new Board? Any interest?
It's a friggin message board. Don't take it so seriously.

Time to create page: 0.309 seconds