Vote no on 4A

19 Oct 2013 18:55 #301 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic Vote no on 4A
http://truthatecfd.com/waste/

Though I place no stock in this website at the moment.....I would like someone to explain some of this to the public.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Oct 2013 19:00 #302 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Vote no on 4A
I also would like an explanation from someone at ECFD regarding the allegations made on that site regarding snowmaking equipment and the use of turnout gear in apparently recreational activities.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

19 Oct 2013 19:14 #303 by GO UNION
Replied by GO UNION on topic Vote no on 4A
Does anyone know who the Elk Creek Firefighter holding a cardboard sign in front of the truck they bought to take out of state is?

Is he really a firefighter?

Does it really say he's out of work, needs help, NEEDS FIRE???

Does the FBI know about this and the State Police?

Is he an officer? He should be monitored at all times!

Elk Creek keeps saying the fires may be worse, it's like they know.

19 Oct 2013 19:16 #304 by FOS
lol

19 Oct 2013 19:20 #305 by FOS
I say more power to our fire fighters who travel out of state to fight fires.
We are sure grateful when out of state fire fighters show up in our state to fight our fires.
News flash. There is money to made that can help off set the costs to a local fire department and it is just a neighborly thing to do.

19 Oct 2013 20:06 #306 by GO UNION
News Flash. No one should 'need fire'! It happens enough.

Sounds like something a state employee would say! is he?

Once upon a time ECFD Volunteers had the utmost sympathy for those who lost their homes or lives in the fires. The Elk Creek Band Wagon has a new direction for sure.

I wonder what the victims and families of the dead from the lower north fork fire would say about Elk Creek Fire needing fire?

That firefighter needs to be FIRED! AND WATCHED LIKE A HAWK

19 Oct 2013 20:25 #307 by FOS
Point well taken Sir!

19 Oct 2013 20:38 #308 by GO UNION
Mike Davis, you say dolan was fired for embezzling money, where is his arrest record? You say stick to the facts, so where is it, Not opinionated news articles but real facts. Do you really practice what you preach?

can anyone explain how the Platte Canyon chief is on fire disability, is a paid chief and an elk creek fire fighter that will receive a pension from elk creek as well but with dolan it's fraud? and i'm not saying the other guy is breaking any laws. Where is the transparency with that?

Are you sure you don't start slanderous rumors ? Do you really know what you are talking about at all? where is your proof , hard facts? As the Elk Creek PIO should'nt you want your posts to be truthful?

19 Oct 2013 21:20 #309 by Twister
Replied by Twister on topic Vote no on 4A
Whoa! This board has gone way out there in the past couple days.

I think the days of the current PIO must be numbered. That is remarkable.

I find it very interesting that KINCAID offered a list of valid points to be answered and everything was done to once again divert form answering most of those points.

And whoever said that a person has to receive a paycheck to offer the same service? If a volunteer covers a shift and has the same qualifications, how is that a reduction in service? Can't the volunteer sit in the same recliner as the paid guy and wait for a call?

Several people have asked the question about more people being hired and the money going to supply a funding stream to more union members. I am beginning to think that is the way things are headed. If claims are being made that volunteers can't possibly be as awesome as paid firefighters; it smells of an underground plan.

I am also interested in the comment calling people out to do what they do. The put up or shut up attitude. So everyone is welcome? Elk Creek will turn away no one that has some time or some thing to offer?

19 Oct 2013 21:43 #310 by Kassk20
Replied by Kassk20 on topic Vote no on 4A
Frogger why don't you stop personally attacking the firefighters that protect this community; cocky, arrogant? What's with the name calling? You don't have to agree with the mill levy but to throw out the personal attacks is completely uncalled for.

Twister-yes, the volunteers have the ability to cover the same calls as the paid staff, it's an issue of time. They work a full time job, raise a family/spend time with family/friends, and heaven for bid have hobbies, plus volunteer time at the fire dept to calls, trainings and meetings, where do you think the time comes from to now staff a station 24/7, quit their paid jobs? Stop seeing their kids? Stop hunting, fishing, skiing etc? You are asking a lot from people already willing to give a lot. And, no unfortunately this last year ECFD was not able to accept all the people that came out hoping to join ECFD as a volunteer because of a lack of gear. Hence, one of the reasons for the mill levy. And this year, unless it passes no one will be able to join ECFD because of the lack of gear. There are already numerous current members in outdated gear, boots with holes etc that need to be replaced, forget buying any additional sets of gear to allow anyone else the opportunity to join.

Time to create page: 0.361 seconds